Next Drive Billing Incorrect Times

Level 1
    Hi all, I have a problem with my Next Drive tariff, and being billed incorrectly. My car is set to charge between 23:30 and 07:00 to take advantage of the cheaper overnight rate. I just had my first bill from Eon Next, however there is barely any overnight energy usage. Looking at the app, I can see the energy usage spikes when my car is charging, however the time of the usage on the app does not correlate with when my car is charging. It seems to be about 4 1/2 hours behind the actual time, which means that I am being billed at the higher daily rate for charging. My car is not even plugged in to the charger at the times when the app shows the charging data. I have raised this as an issue with customer support, and an awaiting a response, but has anybody else had this same problem?

I have been digging around a bit, and I looked at the meter installed on the wall outside. It is an EDMI ES-10B, and scrolling through the various menus on it, I can see the Time on the meter which is indeed 4 1/2 hours off. It shows a time of 14:54 at 19:30. Does anyone know how to set the time on this meter? Does that need an engineer to visit? The time on the IHD is showing correctly. I assume that if the time is correct on the meter then my usage data will then also be correct.
  • 4 Replies

Level 30
    @ShaunLinegar This does sound plausible - I'm not sure whether they can correct your meter time remotely but someone else might advise

To prove your case I would suggest downloading the Bright app, which allows you to register your meters then view the usage data graphically within the app.

Having done that you can then directly access 13 months worth of your meter data from their parent website glowmarkt.com, downloading the half hourly data in CSV format to view the actual readings taken from the meter itself.

These readings are always stored on the meter in UTC (GMT) format but eon's billing will always correct for BST in the summer.

Oh - and as you're probably aware the cheap leccy starts at midnight, so you'll be paying for ½hour of more expensive charging
    Last edited by geoffers; 9 Hours Ago at 09:11.
    Level 30
    @ShaunLinegar This does sound plausible - I'm not sure whether they can correct your meter time remotely but someone else might advise
    In the interim, if they can't/haven't reset the meter time why not set your charger to charge your EV based on your meter's time setting (when the meter thinks it's midnight) 👍

BTW: This post may answer your original question

https://community.eonnext.com/thread...ing-wrong-time
    Last edited by geoffers; 8 Hours Ago at 09:38.
    Level 1
    @geoffers great thanks - I'll check out the Bright App! I was getting confused with Octopus - I had that at my last property and the overnight start time was 23:30, but yes, the charging is set to start at midnight.
    Level 1
    @geoffers good idea - I thought of that this morning and adjusted the times accordingly, at least until the meter time is reset. Cheers,