How long for IFA to correct account (EV Next Drive)?

Level 1
    Hoping someone can help and perhaps copy in an E.ON Next representative to assist in resolving an account issue.

What is a typical duration for the IFA team to rectify meter account details?

I initiated a switch to E.ON Next at the end of Jun-24 as a new customer via telephone as the online portal showed my address as having a single rate meter. This is/was incorrect as I had a SMETS2 meter installed in 2022 which has been fully functional as a multi-rate meter with my previous supplier.

I was assured on the phone that this would be taken into consideration and all was ok. Subsequently, on 01-Jul-24 when the switch took place, the account was setup as a single rate meter. This has now caused a delay and I'm still on the more expensive Next Flex tariff rather than the Next Drive v3 tariff.

I was advised to supply photos and video of my smarty meter to E.ON so that the IFA team (?) could resolve the issue. That was done on 02-Jul-24.

I've been advised 10 working days - it has now been 14 working days.
  • 3 Replies

Level 30
    @plaza I've been on the EV tariff for over a year, and my L&G E470 type 5424 is set up as a single rate meter and I've been told by customer services that they can't set it up as dual rate.

The single/dual rate on the meter is irrelevant to the EV tariff since they pull ½ hourly reads for billing purposes. You need to ensure that ½ hourly reads are set up on your online account page.

The dual rate tariff capability on the meter is purely to allow your current usage costs to be displayed on the IHD, and is not required for the EV billing
    Last edited by geoffers; 9 Hours Ago at 09:06.
    Level 1
    @geoffers thank you for this information. I'll make contact with customer services to find a way forward if possible.
    Level 30
    @geoffers thank you for this information. I'll make contact with customer services to find a way forward if possible.
    When I joined EOn from BG & applied for an EV tariff I didn't bother talking to any cust. service people (they don't seem to know what they're talking about in some cases, judging by some of the posts on this board)

I just applied for the EV tariff by email, got a quote/response within 24hrs which I accepted by return and within a couple of days was switched to the EV tariff 👍