No readings from new Smart Meters

Hi,

I have had my newly installed Smart Meters (Electric and Gas) for a week and they are communicating with the IHD correctly. When I log into my online account it is still showing last reading of 0 (on date of installation) for both - why are there no readings being recorded on my account? How long does it take to start reflecting readings?

I have checked the Comms unit and all 4 lights (not Mesh) are flashing Green. Thanks.
  • 5 Replies

• Best Answer

Level 57
    Best Answer
    @Russ64

Yes take a manual reading as near as possible to midnight (evening of 30th June) but don't submit it until 1st July (late evening) would be my advice if you are on a tariff that changes at 1st July. Eon Next should pull a meter read circa the same time if your meters are communicating correctly but they probably won't appear on your account until very late on the 1st July from my experience (2300 last month). Thereafter they should be pulled on the anniversary day number of each month (from when you joined Eon Next). As my anniversary day number is also the 1st, I don't need to have an additional read pulled on cap changeover date.

You could also make contact with Eon Next this week coming to confirm the meter reading schedule set up for your account and confirm that they are able to communicate with your new meter without issue.
    Last edited by Mailman; 4 Days Ago at 21:01.
    Level 92
    @Russ64

Your account will only show the monthly billing reads. As it's not been a month, the first read won't have been taken yet.

The account doesn't have the capability of tracking daily or weekly consumption. You can do that with the IHD or download the Bright app and register your meters for that if you wish.
    Don't shoot me, I'm only the piano player. I DON'T work for or on behalf of EON.Next, but am willing to try and help if I can. Not on mains gas, mobile network or mains drainage. House heated almost entirely by baby dragons.
    @retrotecchie

Thanks for the quick reply. So on June 30, when the tariffs change will it take the readings automatically or should I still submit manual readings?
    Level 92
    @Russ64

I'd submit a manual reading to be on the safe side ๐Ÿ‘
    Community Team
    Hiya @Russ64 - Hannah here ๐Ÿ‘‹

Thanks for coming to The Community ๐ŸŽ‰ @retrotecchie and @Mailman are absolutely right here, sometimes it can just take a little time for things to kick in.

Hopefully by the end of the week everything will be in tip top for you ๐Ÿ˜Š but I agree, take a manual read to just be safe.
    ๐ŸŒ Striving for a bigger, better and sustainable world!

There are lots of new ways to contact us! If you do need us please
    ๐Ÿ‘‰get in touch๐Ÿ‘ˆ

Thinking about replacing your boiler? You can find out more about our boiler solutions ๐Ÿ‘‰ HERE ๐Ÿ‘ˆ