FIT meter failure

Level 1
    What happens if my FIT meter fails?

The inverter on our 4kw solar system went into fault mode today, the fault reading showed "Utility loss".
    There is a connection to the grid right up to the inverter isolator and the inverter is still lit up and scrolling through the menu is still working. There is a burnt plastic smell and what looks like melted plastic at the bottom of the meter (Fit meter next to inverter) and the meter screen is blank showing nothing. This would suggest to me that the meter has failed. If so, I have a reading due in the next two days for what normally would be one of the two better quarters of the year and now I have no way of reading the meter.

My question is:-
    will my electrician (who is coming to investigate/resolve the issue next week, be able to fit me a new FIT meter and how will I prove how much I have generated in the last quarter? Are EON likely to accept my reading from the app on my pc that monitors the inverters performance?
    Just my luck now the sun is starting to shine, DANG!
  • 2 Replies

Level 91
    @Daddypine

I’ll tag @Lee_EONNext (who has FIT experience) to have a look at this when he’s next in but you could also try phoning the FIT/SEG Team on 0808 501 5218. If you can’t get through on that number you can contact customer service by means shown under Contact Us in the purple section at the bottom of this page. They should be able to advise on this.
    I'm an Eon Next dual fuel customer with no particular expertise but have some time on my hands that I am using to try and help out a bit.
    Community Team
    Hey @Daddypine

Sorry to read you have had an issue with your system, do you remember who installed it?

We would always advise an MCS accredited installer to carry out any work needed on your system.

Eon Next as a licensee would only accept a meter read from the generation meter, this is part of the Guidance set by Ofgem and is in our T&Cs. The read does need to be from the generation meter.

Do you have a read from before the system decided to stop working?
    Last edited by Lee_EONNext; 4 Days Ago at 14:48.
    Did you know that we're open 24/7 across our Social Media Channels? There are lots of ways to contact us over
    here!
    📣