Why am I not surprised!

Level 92
    What is or are PRS?

It's actually PSR - Priority Services Register
    Don't shoot me, I'm only the piano player. I DON'T work for or on behalf of EON.Next, but am willing to try and help if I can. Not on mains gas, mobile network or mains drainage. House heated almost entirely by baby dragons.
    Level 56
    I've given readings every single month for three years since I've been with eon next and still no correction to my EAU..it's basically 60% more than my actual usage.
    Id submitted reading a week before the new lower tariff and as I say thought eon next would see my actual usage and estimate accordingly...sadly not..I could kick myself as I've always submitted readings up to the date of new tariffs...You live and learn .. someone is always ready to chisel you...

Customer service staff I've spoken to do not understand...just keep saying the EAU will correct itself and your estimated reading is based on this....no offer to look at my actual usage and correct this either manually or contact the powers that be.....

Ok the thing I would now do is go back over all the statements in the last year and list what the EAU's are for each statement. Is there any movement at all in the last 12 months? I'm assuming electricity only?
    Level 91
    @retrotecchie

probably the performing rights society would try to help as well. 😔
    Current Eon Next and EDF customer, ex Zog and Symbio. Don't think dual fuel saves money and don't like smart meters. Chronologically Gifted. If I offend let me know by private message, but I’ll continue to express my opinions nonetheless.
    Community Team
    @XL5 Hi

If we had history say for the same period last here, the approach I would of took would be to use as close to that period in terms of estimation etc, how has this been left with customer service? Have you had any response at all?

I am off until Sunday, however @EmmaN_EONNext and @Connor_EONNext are in tomorrow so potentially between the 3 of us, we can look into this and get it sorted out? I will make them both aware of the thread.

We will get it sorted 😊

Thanks
    Did you know that we're open 24/7 across our Social Media Channels? There are lots of ways to contact us over
    here!
    📣
    Level 8
    @Lee_EONNext
    Hi, I whatsapped customer service and after talking to several agents I finally had my estimated bill reassessed.
    He could see 90% of my monthly usage had been condensed into the 8 days at the higher tariff and the remaining 10% over the remaining 22 days and adjusted my bill accordingly...which sorted the overcharge.
    The biggest thing that needs addressing which causes all this mess is my EAU which if you look at my actual usage over the 3 years the EAU is 50% more.....
    I was told if I submitted readings every month for 12 months ( which I did) it would correct itself....it's now 35 readings later and still little change....
    I really cannot believe I am the only one experiencing this or is it because I have refused a smart meter which I have constantly given my reasons why I don't want one on every single occasion I have submitted a reading via WhatsApp.....35 times!
    Last edited by XL5; 1 Week Ago at 21:12. Reason: Extra text
    Level 77
    @Lee_EONNext
    ......I have submitted a reading via WhatsApp.....35 times!
    Why WhatsApp? Why not submit readings via your online account. Surely would reduce third party intervention, ensure accuracy and speed up processing. 🤔 When I had to submit manual readings that's exactly what I did and EAU was reasonably accurate.
    Community Team
    Hello @XL5, Connor here 👋 I'm sorry to hear about your statement. I'm glad to see this was re calculated for you. I'm going to do a bit of digging on the EAC for you.
    Last edited by Connor_EONNext; 1 Week Ago at 13:13.
    🌳Together we can work to achieve a more sustainable Future 🌳
    Level 8
    Why WhatsApp? Why not submit readings via your online account. Surely would reduce third party intervention, ensure accuracy and speed up processing. 🤔 When I had to submit manual readings that's exactly what I did and EAU was reasonably accurate.
    I would love to submit my readings online...I used to do just that. Then when I submitted them again my night readings and day readings were reversed and messed up my bill big time...I was told it was a software glitch which had been sorted..so again I tried and again my day readings became my night readings and vice versa.. another botched bill.
    My meter has day readings and night for I guess economy 7 which I don't have..I wish I could just submit one reading (add both together) but I have never had that option......
    Last edited by Lee_EONNext; 2 Days Ago at 18:05. Reason: Moderation
    Level 77
    I would love to submit my readings online...I used to do just that. Then when I submitted them again my night readings and day readings were reversed and messed up my bill big time...I was told it was a software glitch which had been sorted..so again I tried and again my day readings became my night readings and vice versa.. another botched bill.
    My meter has day readings and night for I guess economy 7 which I don't have..I wish I could just submit one reading (add both together) but I have never had that option......
    Okay dokey. I know you don't want to go down the "Smart" meter avenue but considering everything, if it was me, I would either bite the bullet or find someone who can handle my current requirements.
    Last edited by Lee_EONNext; 2 Days Ago at 18:05.
    Level 91
    @Mailman

Name:  EACsystem..jpg
Views: 31
Size:  30.9 KB

I found this on Estimation of Annual Consumption System - Elexon Digital BSC.

It seems that all of our supplies go into the system and are used in the computation of the half hourly settlements used between suppliers and generators of power. The document is impenetrable to most but I think the system is designed for macro use and we're only concerned with it at a micro level - like our individual meter.