• Tags for this Thread
  • eac
View Tag Cloud
    Level 91
    and this :
    Name:  EAC#2.jpg
Views: 120
Size:  50.4 KB
    Current Eon Next and EDF customer, ex Zog and Symbio. Don't think dual fuel saves money and don't like smart meters. Chronologically Gifted. If I offend let me know by private message, but I’ll continue to express my opinions nonetheless.
    Level 56
    @meldrewreborn

Thanks for that. I agree it is double-dutch to most but relevant sections are

E.3 Estimated Annual Consumptions are calculated from a meter reading, and are used for settling days after the end of the meter reading period, until such time as a new meter reading becomes available. Therefore only the latest EAC for each Settlement Register is ever used for any Settlement or Reconciliation.The equation for calculating EACs, as specified in EPD 1.2, is such that each EAC is a weighted average of the current Annualised Advance and all previous Annualised Advances. More weight is given to recent Annualised Advances, and Annualised Advances based on a long meter advance period.The smoothing factor v controls the sensitivity of this weighting. The higher the value of v, the more the weight given to recent Annualised Advances.If the meter advance period is sufficiently long, the EAC will be equal to the most recent Annualised Advance. The period at which this will occur is approximately one year, divided by the smoothing parameter v.

and the equation mentioned above requires some serious brainpower

6.2.3 Process 1.2 - Calculate Annualised Advance and EAC
    I'm not going to list it.

Everything pretty much much we suspect. AA is just what you have used in the last year wheras EAC is what you have used since the year the house was built? weighted towards the most recent. Invariably these days AA is less than EAC which is what I have found in my own usage but gets closer as more recent data is used.
    Level 91
    @Mailman

As everybody must know by now my electricity consumption plummeted down after I replaced a very old freezer. So following your interesting graphs above I have noted down my electricity EAC's going back 2 years. So they've fallen from circa 2,900 kWh Q3 2022, more recently down to 1944 kWh (strangely unchanged since December!). My self calculated annual consumption is 1650 so there's still a way to go for the EAC to be in the right ball park. I think I read that the EAC covers 730 days (2 Years!) with greater weight given to more recent readings.

2 things to take from this. As I don't have any smart meters, all my readings have been my own (no meter readers checking up either) my readings must be being fed back into the national database. Secondly, the majority of my reduction has fed into the EAC, roughly 75% is now in 25% still to go - so I'm expecting the remainder to happen over the next 6 months. I don't see much evidence that recent data is given more consideration than older data, and quite why the EAC can stand still for several months is beyond me.

But individuals can point out that the the EAC is out of date when there is evidence to show more correct data. It shouldn't be possible for the supplier to hide behind the EAC computation and ignore facts they posess themselves.
    Community Team
    @XL5 Good Evening, Any update on this at all? Apologies ive not been in touch, ive been out of the office.

Did you know that we're open 24/7 across our Social Media Channels? There are lots of ways to contact us over
    here!
    📣
    Level 8
    @XL5 Good Evening, Any update on this at all? Apologies ive not been in touch, ive been out of the office.
    Evening Lee,

Connor pm'd me and said he was looking into my EAC so it mirrors my actual usage as i have given monthly readings for 3 years without it hardly changing.

I would also be grateful if I could submit one reading instead of a night reading and a separate day reading..if I press my meter button a third time it gives me a combined reading so I cannot understand why this cannot be altered on my account.

The house was brand new some 4 years ago and the developer fitted a "normal" meter as i have no mobile signal or radio signal?

I submit my readings by whatsapp as when I submitted the day and night readings online it would put the readings in the wrong way round causing my bills to be messed up...I was told it was a software glitch which is now fixed but I still am not convinced.
    Last edited by XL5; 2 Weeks Ago at 19:27. Reason: More text
    Community Team
    @XL5 Understood, yes the reads become transposed, like you say end up being billed the wrong way around, which could be why it's playing havoc (not 100% sure however). Are you still in contact with customer service? They should be able to switch you to a single rate tariff, which eventually might stop this from happening, let me check in with Connor first as we might be able to save you time contacting the teams.

Does sound like a system/technical issue though. The fix is to remove or quarantine them and re-enter the correct reads.

We've been a bit thin on the ground since @Connor_EONNext messaged but i'm sure hes working on it, the tag might give him a nudge. I will pop him a message too
    Community Team
    Hello @XL5 I've popped you a reply via DM 😁
    🌳Together we can work to achieve a more sustainable Future 🌳