National Pet Day 2024!

Level 10

🐢🐱🐍🐴🐹 National Pet Day! 🐢🐱🐍🐴🐹

National Pet Day is an annual occasion in which to celebrate the bonds between ourselves and our lovely animal companions! 🧑

National Pet Day was founded by Colleen Paige in 2006 in the U.S and is now celebrated by many nations! The day was created as an opportunity to express the love and companionship our pets provide us everyday and also raises awareness around the welfare of animals and pet adoptions with aims to reduce homelessness of these wonderful animals!

This occasion is a great time to think about all those wonderful animals out there and all the people and organisations who work hard to improve animal welfare and happiness! 🌟

To celebrate today, I would love to hear about members' own pet and animal experiences and see some lovely photos of all your beloved pets! 🐢🐱🐍🐴🐹

My household is home to some of the most loving and caring animals that bring me happiness everyday! I have a Snake called Hendrix that is 16 years old who I fell in love with as soon as I met her and adopted the same day! 🐍 Dorian is my Cat and first pet that was born in a shed near my home, who I could not resist taking in and has been a close companion ever since! πŸˆβ€β¬› and Thorn my beautiful, yet clumsy Belgian Malinois who is always by my side and offers many cuddles daily πŸ•β€πŸ¦Ί 🧑

Name:  2C44EB22-7AA4-49F3-AE69-EE99CE4981D2.jpg
Views: 734
Size:  85.1 KB

Please comment below all those wonderful pet photos and stories to get involved! 😍
    🌲 β€œNature is the source of all true knowledge.” – Leonardo da Vinci 🌲

Looking for information on energy efficiency and savings? Visit our website here for lots of tips! ✨

Find all the ways to get in touch with E.ON Next here
  • 5 Replies

Level 38
    @HelenaP_EONNext

I no longer have any pets, but did in the past, (dogs and budgies), and my my nan and grand-dad had a dog and a cat and two tortoises, one of whom, the local binmen had found dumped in a dustbin, and my grandparents took him in and gave him a good home as they already had one tortoise..

I make monthly DD donations to the Donkey Sanctuary, and a wildlife rescue charity, and I buy a few tins of pet food and put them in the local Dog and Cat shelter food collection box at one of the supermarkets I go to, to support the excellent work they all do.
    Level 10
    @Tommysgirl

That sounds lovely, I always wanted budgies and was also looking at tortoises when I found out my lovely Hendrix needed a home 😊. It is very upsetting to think about the life some animals have experienced but it is also lovely to hear about the stories of people giving them a new loving home as they really become family 🧑

It's wonderful to hear how people like yourself give to provide a better value of life to these wonderful creatures and support on-going organisations, there is also a Donkey Sanctuary close to my home!
    Community Team
    Name:  IMG_9436.jpg
Views: 172
Size:  50.9 KB
    Most of you will have seen this menace on here already! This is Max he’s 5 and while he is very naughty, mischievous and treats us like his personal butler’s I wouldn’t change him for the world!
    "Green is the prime colour of the world and that from which it's loveliness arises"-Pedro Calderon De La Barca 🌳

OUT OF OFFICE UNTIL 04/05/24 πŸ–

Level 43
    I've always liked cats, I had Angie when she was about 8 or 9 and I had her for 11.5 years.
    Name:  DSCF0093.jpg
Views: 137
Size:  34.4 KB

I haven't had another since and I probably won't in the future. I do look after my sisters' dog one day a week plus holidays etc. Here's a photo that I took of Hugo playing in the snow. It was taken in the Lake District last December when they had a bit of a sprinkling.
    Name:  IMG_0178_Crop.jpg
Views: 132
Size:  58.4 KB
    Last edited by Andy65; 2 Weeks Ago at 16:44.
    Level 10
    @DebF_EONNext What a beautiful boy, his poses remind me of my own cat! πŸ˜‚
    @Andy65 Cats are such lovely creatures 😊 I absolutely love these photos! Hugo looks to be having a great time in the snow, I hope my dog gets to experience more snowy days like this!