Reading your EON Next smart meter

Community Manager

A quick guide to reading your EON Next Smart meter

Smart meters can make life so much easier when it comes to helping you to reduce your energy bill and not having to worry about sending over your meter readings but we understand that new technology can be a little confusing to start with so we've put a little something together to get you started.

Electricity single rate smart meter:

• If you have an electricity single rate smart meter, the display will automatically show the read.

Electricity dual rate smart meter/Economy 7:

• Press and release the blue display button and this will show Rate 2 or
    • Press B 5 times and then press button A

Gas smart meter:

• Press and hold the red button A for 5-10 seconds. This will then display ‘Credit ON’. Press and release button A, and the meter will display the reading.

Here is a handy little video to give you a helping hand 😊

Last edited by Anasa_EONNext; 3 Weeks Ago at 12:33.
    'The greatness of a community is most accurately measured by the compassionate actions of its members’

Did you know that we're open 24/7 across our Social Media Channels? There are lots of ways to contact us over here!📣

• 2 Replies

Level 43
    Surely it's easier for customers to take the readings direct from the IHD, assuming they still have one and it's working of course. The meters themselves are rarely in a convenient location for reading.

The only down side is that for dual rate/E7 the IHD only displays the total combined reading, so the customer needs to note the total then take the reading from the meter for the current rate. Subtract this from the total to obtain the other rate.

Both of these means that the customer doesn't have to press any buttons on either meter. I watched the YT clip and expected to see a demonstration of how to do this on the IHD but it was in fact something else which had nothing to do with reading the meters - has the wrong YT clip been posted?
    Level 56
    Surely it's easier for customers to take the readings direct from the IHD, assuming they still have one and it's working of course. The meters themselves are rarely in a convenient location for reading.

This is what I do ( dual fuel single rate electricity) once a month, recording the meter reads just before midnight in my spreadsheet and then checking that the scheduled smart meter reading used for the monthly statement is the same. Always had been in the 2+ years I've been living in a smart metered home.