Is it Time to move to a Fixed Tariff?

Level 56
    @Mailman

joe is eastern like me!

In that case your electricity SC were quite a bit lower than mine but my unit rate was slightly cheaper here in The North for the Next Assured Fix 15m v1 tariff that appears to have eligibility clauses attached to it. I am eligible for it but @JoeSoap is not it seems. 🤔
    Level 1

NEXT SECURE FIXED 24M V1

yorkshire

Name:  9D00B710-08D5-4FB0-9AB9-FABA575D892C.jpg
Views: 550
Size:  22.9 KB

Im waiting for the ev tariff to drop as currently 10p kWh more expensive during day than this tariff
    Last edited by TAYLOROY; 21-02-24 at 19:58.
    Level 91
    In that case your electricity SC were quite a bit lower than mine but my unit rate was slightly cheaper here in The North for the Next Assured Fix 15m v1 tariff that appears to have eligibility clauses attached to it. I am eligible for it but @JoeSoap is not it seems. 🤔

Clearly they have to list all tariffs that are available but I still reckon eligibility will be based on consumption so that higher users are offered lower standing charges with higher unit rates and vice versa for lower users.
    I'm an Eon Next dual fuel customer with no particular expertise but have some time on my hands that I am using to try and help out a bit.
    Level 91
    My previous special offer was...

NEXT SECURE FIXED 24M V1

Electricity... 24.14p/kWh with 44.0p SC

Gas... 6.12p/kWh with 29.6p SC

My special offer today is...

Next Secure Fixed 24m v2

Electricity... 23.60p/kWh with 44.0p SC

Gas... 5.99p/kWh with 29.6p SC

So that would be an extra saving of around £50 per year for me against my current tariff. That would mean a saving of around £530 per year or £44 per month for the next two years.

Still too early to switch? I could choose a 12 month fix at almost the same rates.
    Level 56
    @JoeSoap

Looking at my numbers after today's announcement reveals that a fix might be the one I take soon. I shall look into my particular usage numbers again over the weekend but the SC hike for Northern customers in particular skew it slightly towards present fixes with their lower SC. I'll post back with my numbers once I've double checked. 👍

The 15m Next Assured tariff I've mentioned in this thread is starting to look much better.
    Level 91
    @Mailman

Ok, so I've just switched to Next Secure Fixed 24m v2. I was in my online account and browsing the new tariffs available to me. I had already been warned that I would have to phone them to switch so when I clicked on 'Select Tariff' (or whatever the next step was) I was expecting to be told that again. Nope... the next thing I knew I had switched. This surprised me as my existing tariff is not due to end for another four months.

I calculated that I would save over £100 in the next three months based on last year's usage. That (to me) means my exit fee risk is reduced to under £200 should something better come along at the next price cap announcement.

On the subject of exit fees, I was predictably charged £150 immediately I switched. This is against my T&Cs as I didn't switch supplier so I have sent an email asking for the money back.

Why did I switch? The short answer is some certainty in an uncertain world. My new DD will be around £200 per month. This was a figure I was comfortable paying a couple of years ago and is half what it jumped to in late 2022/early 2023 during that fiasco of rising prices. Once I switched I was informed that my DD would reduce to around £175 until October, when it will rise to around £210, due to my credit balance but this information was lost when I agreed to the T&Cs and I haven't seen it since.

I shall now wait and see where my next DD is actually set and hopefully by that time my £150 exit fees will be back on my credit balance.

It's a gamble, I know. Having booked cruises I am used to seeing the prices of them change constantly. It's hard to resist looking at the prices once the booking has been made, just in case they drop. That's why my decision is based on booking when I see a price I'm comfortable with. If prices rise then I'm happy I booked earlier. If prices fall, well at least I booked at a price I'm happy with. I'm applying similar logic here and at the moment I'm happy I switched.

I can't wait to ask for my smart meters and IHD to have the tariffs updated 😂
    Level 92
    @JoeSoap

I just ran the maths and worked out Next Pledge 24 would be a better deal than staying on Loyalty v4. Surprise, surprise...a £75 exit fee slapped on. WhatsApp sorted the problem and apparently there is a dedicated team reversing erroneous exit fees, but the backlog is currently 3 days.

Time will tell.🙄
    Don't shoot me, I'm only the piano player. I DON'T work for or on behalf of EON.Next, but am willing to try and help if I can. Not on mains gas, mobile network or mains drainage. House heated almost entirely by baby dragons.
    Level 18
    @JoeSoap

I just ran the maths and worked out Next Pledge 24 would be a better deal than staying on Loyalty v4. Surprise, surprise...a £75 exit fee slapped on. WhatsApp sorted the problem and apparently there is a dedicated team reversing erroneous exit fees, but the backlog is currently 3 days.

Time will tell.🙄
    I got the two £75 exit fees for switching to Pledge, reversed within 20 minutes with a phone call to customer services, and a £10 credit for their error.
    Level 56
    @JoeSoap

Time will tell.🙄

I don't see this tariff - only a 12m version🙄
    Level 92
    @Mailman

Electricity only low user I suspect. You gas guzzlers would have different deals, I'm guessing.