Tariff update - what's new around here!

Community Team
    Good morning Community 😊

Live from today, we've added some new tarrif options and made some changes to our existing ones. Remember - to check if you're eligible or to enroll onto any of these you can do so in your online account.

New tarrifs
    🤓

• Next Fixed 24m v7 No Exit Fees - priced at £2,020 with no exit fees.
    • Next Fixed 12m v 8 No Exit Fees - priced at £1,905 with no exit fees.

New versions
    🔥

• Next Fixed 24m v7 - priced at £1,720 (from £1890) with £150 exit fees per fuel.
    • Next Fixed 12m v8 - priced at £1,725 (from £1,750) with £75 exit fees per fuel.

*All prices are based of Ofgem average consumption
    *We have the right to withdraw tariffs from sale at any time
    🌍 Striving for a bigger, better and sustainable world!

There are lots of new ways to contact us! If you do need us please
    👉get in touch👈

Thinking about replacing your boiler? You can find out more about our boiler solutions 👉 HERE 👈
  • 6 Replies

Level 91
    @Han_EONNext

it would assist customers in making an instant comparison if you gave the next flex current tariff cost on the same consumption.

I think it means more normal competition is gradually returning to the market.
    Current Eon Next and EDF customer, ex Zog and Symbio. Don't think dual fuel saves money and don't like smart meters. Chronologically Gifted. If I offend let me know by private message, but I’ll continue to express my opinions nonetheless.
    Level 91
    The Next Fixed 12m v 8 No Exit Fees looks to be very close to, and maybe slightly under, what it costs me on my current Next Loyalty Fixed v4. By switching, it would extend my current fix and with no exit fees would leave me free to jump again. I'll mull it over.
    I'm an Eon Next dual fuel customer with no particular expertise but have some time on my hands that I am using to try and help out a bit.
    Level 43
    Hi @Han_EONNext

Are the Exit Fees for Next Fixed 24m v7 and Next Fixed 12m v8 only applicable for switching supplier or are they also applicable if switching to another eon-next tariff?
    Level 91
    Hi @Han_EONNext

Are the Exit Fees for Next Fixed 24m v7 and Next Fixed 12m v8 only applicable for switching supplier or are they also applicable if switching to another eon-next tariff?

This is what it says on the tariff information per fuel for the 2 year fix...

Exit fees (if you cancel this tariff before the end date) £150.00

It's £75 for the 1 year fix
    Last edited by JoeSoap; 09-02-24 at 16:04.
    Level 91
    I'm on Next loyalty fix V4. Eastern area.
    My rates for electricity are (in pence VAT incl)
    SC 37.63, units 30.41.

on 12 month Secure V4 it would be
    SC 44.00, units 24.51. plus £75 exit charge.

So standing charge up 16.93%, units 19.4% down. This pricing structure favours big users ( unit rates down) and penalises low users (standing charges up)

I'll not be jumping into these fixed rates. The Next Flex (price capped) will be dropping in April and again in June and I anticipate switching to that in April.
    Level 92
    @meldrewreborn

The other thing to bear in mind is that any 'fix' is always a bit of a gamble. My v4 fix saved me about £30 for the period from July to Dec, but i'm now expecting to lose a chunk of that saving between now and this July. I calculate I'll still be a tenner up compared to staying on Flex. Others may get slightly different mileage but a fix is never a 'dead cert' in an energy market where prices change every three months. All the new tariffs seem to have significantly higher SCs than my current deal so as a low user the SC is of greater concern than the unit price. I can use less energy to bring my costs down, but the SC I can't do anything about. With standing charges going up again by £16 a year in April there's no way out of that hike.
    Don't shoot me, I'm only the piano player. I DON'T work for or on behalf of EON.Next, but am willing to try and help if I can. Not on mains gas, mobile network or mains drainage. House heated almost entirely by baby dragons.