Smart Meter - is it really that smart?

Level 3
    Good morning

after endless months of droning on about smart meters , you installed yesterday smart meters for my gas and electric.

been left on emergency by engineer (although I didn’t want to)

and I am COMPLETELY unable to top up whatsoever

the app will not allow me to top up as the option is greyed out and unable to click through it.

I took the barcode for gas down to the shop, purchased £10 for gas , come home put the code into the smart meter and …. Top up rejected

also been told I can phone 0808 501 5200 to top the meters up over the phone

guess what

everytime I call , I get told “no we can’t do that , you need to use the app”

errrr app don’t work

CAN SOMEBODY PLEASE HELP ME BEFORE I TEAR THESE METERS OUT MYSELF
  • 2 Replies

• Best Answer

Community Team
    Best Answer
    @Cjewer1983 Hey

Have you got this sorted yet?

It can take up to 14 days for the meters to be updated on your account/app - You should have been advised that you will be on what we call 'friendly hours' until this is updated.

If there's an issue where you go off supply, please get in touch with customer services asap, if we're closed, please call our out of hours service, this shouldn't happen, just a precaution. The Number is on our website or you can pop back here and we will get it for you.

You will be charged for the friendly hours, which we can arrange paying back after the meters update.

Let me know if you need anything else 😀
    Did you know that we're open 24/7 across our Social Media Channels? There are lots of ways to contact us over
    here!
    📣
    Level 77
    @Cjewer1983
    When you spoke to Customer Services did you ask them how long would it take for your newly installed meters to show on your app or online account? I think it will take a few days to show. Being set on emergency at least means you will not be without. You will of course have to pay for what you use.

Last edited by WizzyWigg; 04-01-24 at 14:57. Reason: Extra comment