Bright app - refresh πŸ‘

Level 91
    @geoffers

Still showing 0700 although I am in 'The North' which may possibly have a bearing on it.

Mine was showing 0700 or 0730 data (can't quite remember) when I checked at around 1050 and when I swiped down it didn't change. I swiped down with more vigour and got the little wheel spinning at the top of the screen showing me it was thinking about it. Hey presto... it updated to as far as 1000. Not too bad.

Funnily enough, very shortly after the last two energy shift events ended I had a look at Bright and they were bang up-to-date without any swiping. I just figured they had got their finger out knowing many of us would be wanting to see what we had consumed during the event period.

Edit... I swiped again at 1101 but nothing changed. Latest info is still for the 1000 half-hour slot.
    Last edited by JoeSoap; 09-12-23 at 11:17.
    I'm an Eon Next dual fuel customer with no particular expertise but have some time on my hands that I am using to try and help out a bit.
    Level 91
    ... Roll forward to this morning. From the IHD the usage for Friday was 7.97kWh whereas the usage on Bright shows 2 different figures. On the home page it shows 7.99 kWh as 'latest daily usage' whereas in the electricity tab it shows 7.98 kWh for Friday consumption...

That's all pretty close. On my IHD for yesterday it shows 14.07kWh and in the Electricity tab in Bright it agrees at 14.07kWh. On the Home screen in Bright it shows Latest Daily Usage at 13.17kWh. I don't know where that figure comes from but thankfully I never take any notice of that one.
    Level 92
    @geoffers

Makes far more sense to me. Perhaps they pull data every 8 hours? Midnight, 8am, 4pm and repeating at midnight, give or take the time it takes for 10k requests to ripple through the system and everything to come down the pipe from DCC.

Update time for an IHD to get meter data from the HAN is ten seconds for electricity and 30 minutes for gas, so there's no way that Bright or any of the other apps can give a 'real time' replacement function for an IHD.
    Don't shoot me, I'm only the piano player. I DON'T work for or on behalf of EON.Next, but am willing to try and help if I can. Not on mains gas, mobile network or mains drainage. House heated almost entirely by baby dragons.
    Level 29
    @geoffers
    Update time for an IHD to get meter data from the HAN is ten seconds for electricity and 30 minutes for gas, so there's no way that Bright or any of the other apps can give a 'real time' replacement function for an IHD.
    Yep - everyone knows that, but I was pointing out that you can get a more up to date response from Bright than what we all assumed was delayed by a day.

People who are having problems with (or don't have) an IHD can at least get an understanding of their energy usage in recent hours, rather than waiting until midnight for a refresh
    Level 57
    Yep - everyone knows that, but I was pointing out that you can get a more up to date response from Bright than what we all assumed was delayed by a day.

People who are having problems with (or don't have) an IHD can at least get an understanding of their energy usage in recent hours, rather than waiting until midnight for a refresh

Now the time is 1730 and the last lot of data I still see on Bright is only good until early morning 0700 so the 'Latest Daily Usage' number on the home page is still stuck on 7.99 kWh as it was early morning. The IHD has recorded the 'so far today' usage correctly AFAIK as 2.54 kWh (much more in line with what I would anticipate having been out most of the day). So for me Bright is really best as a backup source for historical usage (day before and earlier) rather than as an in-day usage tracker. πŸ‘

Interesting topic though exactly how Bright refreshes and how often they do this.
    Level 57
    That's all pretty close. On my IHD for yesterday it shows 14.07kWh and in the Electricity tab in Bright it agrees at 14.07kWh. On the Home screen in Bright it shows Latest Daily Usage at 13.17kWh. I don't know where that figure comes from but thankfully I never take any notice of that one.

Neither do I and I don't take any notice of it either. 😎

Don't forget that when I looked at the numbers yesterday they were at the end of the day when I wasn't operating the electric-arc furnaces 🀣
    Level 91
    Neither do I and I don't take any notice of it either. 😎

Don't forget that when I looked at the numbers yesterday they were at the end of the day when I wasn't operating the electric-arc furnaces 🀣

Well, I spent most of the day swiping downwards on the app but it stubbornly stayed where it was with the latest data at the 1000 slot. Then, out of the blue at about 7pm I noticed it had populated to the 1730 slot. Now no amount of swiping will shift it πŸ˜‚

It's good to know that a swipe might produce more data but I think the app has a mind of its own.
    Last edited by JoeSoap; 09-12-23 at 20:10.
    Level 29
    Well, I spent most of the day swiping downwards on the app but it stubbornly stayed where it was with the latest data at the 1000 slot. Then, out of the blue at about 7pm I noticed it had populated to the 1730 slot. Now no amount of swiping will shift it πŸ˜‚

It's good to know that a swipe might produce more data but I think the app has a mind of its own.
    I wonder if it's a combination of swipe then view, or patience required after the swipe before the refresh happens.

I've not looked since this morning, so I just looked now, and ℹ️ still said 08:00

I swiped then pressed ℹ️ which still said 08:00

I then looked at my leccy stats which had populated up to 10pm - pressing ℹ️ now says 22:00

So I guess there's a bit of delay between swiping and the refresh happening

All a bit weird, but at least some more recent readings are available πŸ‘
    Level 91
    @geoffers

I can't work it out. I looked at around 1.30pm and it was up-to-date until 00.30. I swiped and it didn't update so I swiped again and it updated to 13.00. All I can say is that it's handy to know that giving it a swipe may produce an update.
    Level 29
    @geoffers

I can't work it out. I looked at around 1.30pm and it was up-to-date until 00.30. I swiped and it didn't update so I swiped again and it updated to 13.00. All I can say is that it's handy to know that giving it a swipe may produce an update.
    Yes - I reckon it must be something like the swipe submits a request for a refresh, which gets queued then eventually actioned & picks up the data up to the previous hour... or sommat like that πŸ‘