From Bad To Worse

View Tag Cloud
    Level 4
    So after 3 months of my smart meter not sending any data to E.on, I had an Engineer out on the 24/11/2023 who installed a new Smart Meter and Comms Hub.
    I have always sent Manual Readings on the last day of the month, so I signed into my Account yesterday to do the same.
    The first thing I noticed was that a Credit Balance of nearly £1300 had disappeared leaving me with a £120 Debit instead.
    I thought this would sort itself out when the new Meter Readings were uploaded. I was able to upload the Gas Reading OK but when I tried to upload the Electric Reading I was met with "We’re still getting your meter details. Once we have these you’ll be able to give us your meter readings through your online account."
    I received my latest Bill this morning and it appears that I've managed to use £1,515.78 worth of Gas in the last month. That's pretty good going considering my Estimated Annual Cost for Gas is only £434.11.
    I've emailed E.on Next this morning and I'm waiting a reply.

It would be nice if you could just pick up a phone and talk to someone but unfortunately that's no longer the case.
    If anyone here as any idea what to do next I would appreciate it, and how am I supposed to give Manual Readings when the New Electric Meter isn't recognised in my Online Account.

I've attached a copy of my latest bill for you to view

Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images
  • 8 Replies

Level 91
    @2Weasels

Did you read your old meter and submit a reading before it was removed and then check the reading was zero on your new meter?

Edit... I'm at my computer now and see that your new meter started at zero ok and has a sensible reading. Looks to me like the old meter reading has been transcribed wrong somewhere. The meter will still be available I think and the matter should be resolved now that you have made customer service aware 🤞
    Last edited by JoeSoap; 01-12-23 at 14:36.
    I'm an Eon Next dual fuel customer with no particular expertise but have some time on my hands that I am using to try and help out a bit.
    Level 4
    Hi Joe,
    and thanks for taking time to reply.
    I did check the Readings on my old meter before the Engineer arrived but did not upload them. I wrongly assumed that it was the Comms Hub itself was faulty and that's all he would change. I was told that the New Comms Hub would not be compatible with the old meter, and he would have to install both.
    Stupid me for not uploading them, but again I wrongly assumed that the Engineer would upload these readings before he installed the new kit.
    As yet I haven't had a reply to my email.

Thanks again
    Level 92
    @2Weasels

The engineer would indeed upload all readings, meter serial numbers and details of new equipment fitted, but not usually same day. They are out on the road doing visits all week and the paperwork only gets done in batches as and when. So it should all ripple though the system eventually but most suppliers say to allow up to six weeks for everything to be completely hunkydory. Usually the process takes around 14 to 21 days, but there is sometimes a delay until the next scheduled smart reading date. It rather depends on how close the meter was installed to a scheduled read date.
    Don't shoot me, I'm only the piano player. I DON'T work for or on behalf of EON.Next, but am willing to try and help if I can. Not on mains gas, mobile network or mains drainage. House heated almost entirely by baby dragons.
    Level 4
    Thanks for the reply retrotecchie,
    to be honest, I was more concerned about the money going missing from my Account, but I suppose I'll have to be patient for a few weeks and hope it corrects itself in time.
    It feels strange being in debt, even though it's a virtual debt, never had any in the past throughout my 70+ years.

Many thanks
    Level 92
    @2Weasels

Fingers crossed, everything will come out in the wash and you'll be back on track very soon 🤞.

Level 4
    I emailed E.on Next on Friday concerning the vanishing Credit and other issues I reported, and received a reply yesterday asking for images of the tags on the New Electric and Gas Meters showing the final readings and other details.
    I received another email this morning with an ammended bill refunding the missing Credit and explaining that the error had been caused by the Final Reading for the Electric having been used for the Final Reading for the Gas. It also seems that Smart Readings have been sent as well.
    Mistakes do happen, the main thing being that they were rectified and quite quckly too.

Thanks all
    Level 77
    @2Weasels Wonderful news. Very pleased to hear you are back on track. Thanks for the update.
    Community Team
    @2Weasels Happy to see this was corrected quickly and you got your credit back. If there's ever anything else - you know where we are 😁 Thank you as always @JoeSoap and @retrotecchie for the great information 🙌
    🌳Together we can work to achieve a more sustainable Future 🌳