Take a breather

Level 81
    @WizzyWigg

who says men can't multi task?
    Not me 🤓. I'm drinking coffee, dunkin biccies, reading the newspapers and giving weather forecasts. 🤣

PS still fine and sunny here.
    @WizzyWigg

who says men can't multi task?
    Usually women! I don't say that mind you.🤣
    @WizzyWigg

I like your type of multitasking. ☕🍪📰 and giving weather forecasts. 😃👍

Still fine and dry here in the North-East of England.
    Community Team
    Hey @Tommysgirl 👋

Join in and tell us how you would unwind after a long day 😊
    Knowledge is power, community is strength, and positive attitude is everything 💜
    @EmmaN_EONNext

Hi Emma. I like to listen to music, and watch music videos. My favourite band are Queen, but I also like Bruce Springsteen, Bryan Adams, and quite a few more, including Simon and Garfunkel, and some of Abbas songs. I like to do puzzles, gardening, and watching good detective dramas, like Vera or Endeavour, with a nice cup of coffee and a biscuit. Vera is a particular favourite, because it's filmed up here in the North East where I live. I quite like baking too.
    Community Team
    Are you hooked yet?
    @JoeSoap I am, guess what I am downloading after work so I can plan my route for when I finally get that pilot licence 😂
    "Green is the prime colour of the world and that from which it's loveliness arises"-Pedro Calderon De La Barca 🌳

Looking for the latest price cap information? Visit this thread Ofgem energy price cap 1 July 2024 - How will this affect my E.ON Next tariff?
    Level 91
    @DebF_EONNext

You get a good experience on a PC or laptop too, all for free. Again though, a Silver subscription for £10 a year is better. Good luck with the pilot licence 😂. I was thinking the other day, if I had continued with my one lesson a week I could have had my licence by now. I would also have been over £10k poorer of course 🤔
    I'm an Eon Next dual fuel customer with no particular expertise but have some time on my hands that I am using to try and help out a bit.
    Level 92
    @JoeSoap

Even better on a PC with multiple monitors. I quite enjoy looking at Flightradar24 from time to time, especially their historical data. Eastern Europe and Russia are certainly interesting areas to watch, although I'm not sure they were actively tracking Yevgeny Prigozhin's flight when he met with his 'unfortunate accident'...🤔

Years ago when I flew regularly, I tried to wangle all my journeys using Star Aliance partner airlines. KLM, Luftwaffe, United Airlines and Qatar Airways (who have now left and have their own frequent flyer programme). They had their own equivalent of Flightradar which was just for their flights, but it had the added bonus of showing time zones and the terminator in real time, but also worked as a screensaver. Great fun! It also showed codeshare flight numbers for each flight and which of their partners were actually flying the particular planes at the time.

For Star Alliance members, it had an extra benefit of showing alternate options for flights which may not have been obvious with a single airline. I once flew from LHR to JFK via Frankfurt. It was no different in time from taking a direct flight, but cost about £50 less and earned me a few extra reward points. When a bunch of us had to visit Singapore, most of the guys opted for the Singapore Airlines direct 'red eye' service. I'd save almost £200 per trip by flying QA, London to Doha, Doha to Singapore, then the reverse on the home journey. A few thousand more points and with a bit of tweaking it also meant I could stagger one of the legs by a day or two and manage a callout to UAE or Qatar customers on the way past.

London to Singapore direct is just over 13 hours. Via Doha, 15 hours but an hour at Doha for a leg-stretch, coffee and sandwich and a quick puff on the pipe and an hour less time sat in a cramped seat was an even better 'win' than the additional air miles!
    Last edited by retrotecchie; 28-09-23 at 11:22.
    Don't shoot me, I'm only the piano player. I DON'T work for or on behalf of EON.Next, but am willing to try and help if I can. Not on mains gas, mobile network or mains drainage. House heated almost entirely by baby dragons.
    Level 91
    @retrotecchie

Lots of interesting stuff in your post.

I've never used multiple monitors but I remember Terry Pratchett being asked why he had three and he replied that he didn't have room for four 😂.

I often click on Most Tracked Flights and they are frequently military aircraft flying in eastern Europe. Can I take it you meant Lufthansa and not Luftwaffe?
    Level 92
    Can I take it you meant Lufthansa and not Luftwaffe?

That flamin' spell-checker again 🤣🤣🤣