Can I have smart meter now?

View Tag Cloud
    Level 5
    For many years, I have been trying to get a smart meter fitted. For a long time, I was told I couldn't have one because we have no mobile signal where we live (not just low or intermittent signal - nothing). However, a couple of months ago, a new mast went live and we now have strong O2 and Vodafone signal.

So I wondered, how do I get Eon Next to come and install a smartmeter?

We live in Northumberland. Our house used to be two tiny cottages and it still has two meters. One cottage is heated by an air source heat pump (ashp) and has solar panels (with a FIT payment). The other cottage has a smaller ashp and also an electric car charger for our Seat Mii electric. It would be useful to allow us to schedule overnight charging at a lower rate.

Years ago, I was told I should register my interest and they will be in contact with me. But I don't have a lot of faith that they will do anything without me chasing them up.

So how do I ask for a smartmeter to be installed?
  • 2 Replies

Level 77
    @BEJB

I think the simple answer is is speak to Customer Services. BUT. The complicated bit is having 2 meters and solar panels. There are some extremely learned colleagues on this forum that might have better ideas. 👴

Ways to make contact in this link: https://www.eonnext.com/contact
    Last edited by WizzyWigg; 14-09-23 at 10:23.
    Community Team
    Hey @BEJB

Hannah here 😊

Wow! What an interesting energy set up you guys have! I don't see why we wouldn't have a look to see if this is possible for you. Did you manage to contact us?

(I've moved your post into our Smart Meters section - so it doesn't get missed!)
    🌍 Striving for a bigger, better and sustainable world!

There are lots of new ways to contact us! If you do need us please
    👉get in touch👈

Thinking about replacing your boiler? You can find out more about our boiler solutions 👉 HERE 👈