Installation problems

Level 5
    I tried to have a Smart meter installed years back, never done as engineer not happy with gas supply pipes or something and I am not prepared to tear down part of the house for their convenience.
    Now I have been informed that my electric meter is out of date and needs to be changed; mandatory smart meter installation included. Have made an appointment for the electric meter to be changed, but if they are still unhappy with the gas side can I insist on just having the change of electric meter and/or the smart meter on electric supply only?
  • 1 Reply

Community Manager
    @gemima29 It's great to have you back on the forum! 😁 I would see what happens during the appointment if they're able to install smart for both then they most definitely will!

If they're not able to then you'll also be able to have a conversation about what the next best thing to do is and they ll be able to advise you of the best way forward, we certainly won't expect you to tear down your house for a smart meter if we're unable to install but they'll be able to give you a good explanation of what might need to be done in future if you want smart but the pipes are still an issue

It would be great if you could pop back on here and let us know how the appointment went and what advice you were given 😊
    Last edited by Anasa_EONNext; 18-06-23 at 11:43.
    'The greatness of a community is most accurately measured by the compassionate actions of its members’

Did you know that we're open 24/7 across our Social Media Channels? There are lots of ways to contact us over here!📣