July 1st price cap

Level 18
    I am currently on Next online v14 which ends 2nd October. Based on the new price cap figures of 30.11p for electric and 7.51p for gas, I have calculated that with a reduced Summer usage for July, August and September, even taking into account the enhanced standing charges , I would be better off by about £25 if I was on the standard tariff. I just contacted customer service to see if I could switch to the standard tariff for the last 3 months of my contract, but was told that this was not possible at the moment.
    I understood that it was always possible to move tariffs on the middle of a contract, so I am curious why this is not possible now. Any clues anybody?
  • 11 Replies

• Best Answer

Level 55
    Best Answer
    This information you received from CS must be wrong as your current tariff has NO exit fees. Possibly they could change you to the present EPG capped rates that currently exist but are unable to input a future start date for Next Flex. I'd contact them again nearer the date of July 1st (or even sooner) unless one of our Eon community staff can help. If they (Eon Next) don't play ball, you might want to think about moving to another supplier who will put you on the July cap rates and time it so that you move in time for the new July cap. Some also have a referral code of £50 to ease the pain further.
    Last edited by Mailman; 31-05-23 at 09:25. Reason: word insertion
    Level 18
    @Mailman
    Thanks, I went back to CS and they are going to ring me in 3 weeks time to see what tariffs are available
    Level 91
    @Johnh1995

So just before the July OFGEM price cap drop. I'd make a note to contact them then - they are liable to lose your call back request!
    Current Eon Next and EDF customer, ex Zog and Symbio. Don't think dual fuel saves money and don't like smart meters. Chronologically Gifted. If I offend let me know by private message, but I’ll continue to express my opinions nonetheless.
    Community Team
    Morning @Johnh1995 🌞

Hannah here 👋 - there must have been a little confusion on our side of what's happened here 🤨. Other than the Next Loyalty Fixed v2 as @Mailman pointed out we have no exit fees. So you're able to switch tariffs whenever you please rather than having to wait! So we could indeed switch you to our Next Flex upon request.

We're just not able to schedule a switch for the future - is this what you were trying to do?

Of course if you are happy to wait another 3 weeks then were good to go! But if you wanted to change today then you could.
    🌍 Striving for a bigger, better and sustainable world!

There are lots of new ways to contact us! If you do need us please
    👉get in touch👈

Thinking about replacing your boiler? You can find out more about our boiler solutions 👉 HERE 👈
    Level 55
    Morning @Johnh1995 🌞

Hannah here 👋 - there must have been a little confusion on our side of what's happened here 🤨. Other than the Next Loyalty Fixed v2 as @Mailman pointed out we have no exit fees. So you're able to switch tariffs whenever you please rather than having to wait! So we could indeed switch you to our Next Flex upon request.

We're just not able to schedule a switch for the future - is this what you were trying to do?

Of course if you are happy to wait another 3 weeks then were good to go! But if you wanted to change today then you could.

I believe this is the case 😎
    Level 18
    Morning @Johnh1995 🌞

Hannah, I am having difficulties in getting your team to advise on flex rates or the Loyalty fix v4.
    I am getting mixed messages as to if these tariffs are actually available from 1st July.
    As the tariffs published by Ofgem look a better deal than my current online v14, I am looking to switch for the remaining 3 months of my contract, or look to fix on Loyalty v4. Where do i find your tariffs from 1st July
    Level 18
    Hannah, having just spoken to one of your colleagues, I have been able to switch to Next Flex from my Online v14.
    Very disappointing though that I cannot move to Loyalty v4, as I am not within 45 days of my contract ending.
    Also I have been unhappy about the service offered through What's App, as I was promised a phone call which never happened, also that I was advised you did not have the July 1st rates and I could not even switch to Next Flex.
    On this issue,I wish to raise an official complaint. Can I leave that with you, or do I need to contact someone else?
    Level 76
    Hannah, having just spoken to one of your colleagues, I have been able to switch to Next Flex from my Online v14.
    Very disappointing though that I cannot move to Loyalty v4, as I am not within 45 days of my contract ending.
    Also I have been unhappy about the service offered through What's App, as I was promised a phone call which never happened, also that I was advised you did not have the July 1st rates and I could not even switch to Next Flex.
    On this issue,I wish to raise an official complaint. Can I leave that with you, or do I need to contact someone else?

This link will take you to the complaints procedure:
    https://www.eonnext.com/unhappy
    Level 18
    Thanks WizzyWigg, complaint now raised.
    I do wish that Eon Next employees would read the correct information from the script and not try to bamboozle customers by making up stories