Electric Smart Meter issue

Hi all,

I have checked my online account and it is not showing a meter for electricity since the 3/03/23. The Gas Smart Meter is showing one sent on the 01/04/223 and 03/04/23 and had previously sent one on the 03/03/23.

I have checked the Electric Meter on https://smartmetercheck.citizensadvice.org.uk/ and it states it is working in smart mode. This means your meter should automatically send readings to your supplier, so you don't need to send them yourself .

I have entered an Electric Meter Reading today , when I went to do this it is asking for a Day Reading and a Night Reading never had this before. I only have one rate. On checking the Meter it cycles through from the reading which shows some usage to another which shows 00000 , which I assume would be a night reading?

I have had to put an entry in the night reading on the website so entered in there the 00000.

Any advice on why EonNext are not showing Electric Meter Reading, and why it would be requesting 2 readings for Electric. Only had the smart meters put in at the end of February 2023.

Many thanks
  • 2 Replies

Level 91
    @Boldhoof

It can take 6 to 8 weeks for smart meters to fully function correctly. Was the electricity reading on 3 March a Smart reading?

You may need to contact customer service to enquire about being asked for day and night readings and why there has been no electric reading taken this month.

Until the issue is resolved I would submit manual readings for electric on a monthly basis on the 3rd of the month to match the gas meter.
    I'm an Eon Next dual fuel customer with no particular expertise but have some time on my hands that I am using to try and help out a bit.
    @JoeSoap Many thanks, will do.