recent energy shift event

Community Team
    I understand that @trotfor & I imagine it is very frustrating!

There's nothing I can do without looking into your account to help ๐Ÿ˜Š, so please pop me a DM with your account details so I can get this looked into by our team ๐Ÿ‘€.
    ๐ŸŒ Striving for a bigger, better and sustainable world!

There are lots of new ways to contact us! If you do need us please
    ๐Ÿ‘‰get in touch๐Ÿ‘ˆ

Thinking about replacing your boiler? You can find out more about our boiler solutions ๐Ÿ‘‰ HERE ๐Ÿ‘ˆ
    Level 16
    @Han_EONNext ok thanks . will do.

Hi @trotfor

Who did you email at Eon Next?

I want to talk to them becuase I am still waiting to get paid for the Energy Shift on 15 November.

Cheers
    @Actual
    Level 55
    Did anyone else take part in the energy shift event on 15/3/23 6.30-7.30. ?
    results normally come through in 72 hr's. but it took almost 2 weeks to come through.

and disappointing result. not that we'd failed...just lack of info/readings so they had to pay up just the offer figure...which was a measly 21p. normally we beat the offer figure by a factor of 4 or 5 times, so were expecting at least 80p. small but better than nothing as we saw it.

so i sent in my photo's (by email) i'd took of the smart meter (the IHD) not the actual meter. i'd got a photo at 6.29pm and one at 7.31pm... and i can't beleive they are actually quibbling with it. they're asking me if i took a pic of the actual meter as IHD's are not always accurate. this is despite the fact the the 3p we spent in that hour being totally consistent with all our efforts at previous events. it's ridiculous..i doubt the meter would even move during 3p usage.

like someone said in the original post on this topic, this event felt very fake..going through the motions of holding an event they didn't really want to hold. and now the this result...it ain't getting any better.

I did not get an invite to the 15th March event but I did participate in the one the following week and my reward was correct to the nearest penny.

Can I suggest that you look back through your emails and post the information that I am including in this post as I can check the information to see what I calculate your reward to be? Just be aware that the rewards for the March events were drastically reduced for some because in-day adjustment was binned at the end of February - more detail in this post and thread

(this was included from before the event)

Name:  DFS2.jpg
Views: 470
Size:  47.3 KB
    (this was the after notification)

Name:  DFS1.jpg
Views: 433
Size:  43.7 KB
    Sorry to point out that the actual consumption figures needed for your usage from the period 1830-1930 were based on GMT instead of GMT/UTC +1 that you have quoted (as BST had not yet started). So from the Bright app, this amount is 0.26kWh (0.15 + 0.11) rather than the usage you have quoted (0.11 kWh).

EDIT: I agree that Bright app currently states UTC+1 in the timezone settings which confuses things somewhat. However I have always taken the kWh data for say 1830-1900 time period as being the entry for 1830 in the HH data set as we have been at GMT/UTC until the end of March when the clocks changed and time moved forward to GMT+1 / BST /UTC+1. Presumably Bright would have showed UTC (=GMT) until the clocks changed when Bright time became UTC +1 (=BST,=GMT+1).

The calculation is now much easier to perform since in-day adjustment was stripped out - assuming the correct data is plugged in. I'm quite happy to go through your calculation assuming you still have those emails from last month.
    Last edited by Mailman; 08-04-23 at 16:17. Reason: UTC
    Level 55
    Hi @trotfor

Who did you email at Eon Next?

I want to talk to them becuase I am still waiting to get paid for the Energy Shift on 15 November.

Cheers
    @Actual

I'm reproducing the reply, in case you missed it (as I didn't get a reply at the time) I gave to you a while back here that tried to give you my views about why this November DFS event might not have given you the reward you were anticipating ๐Ÿ‘
    Level 5
    @Mailman I agree with your edit. technically it should be GMT, but i only downloaded the app after the clocks had gone forward so GMT+1 is correct i believe as that's how it shows it now . also the cost figures do tie-in with what i had recorded on my IHD. and also seeing as we take these very seriously, only background elec being used during the shift period....ie house alarm, fridge/freezer , wifi etc. with such a low offer made, we even resorted to not having energy saving bulbs on, and went with torches....so the correct Hour period has got to make sense on that basis to. it's all sorted anyway now, so finally closure on the matter. but thanks for the interest shown.
    Level 55
    @Mailman I agree with your edit. technically it should be GMT, but i only downloaded the app after the clocks had gone forward so GMT+1 is correct i believe as that's how it shows it now . also the cost figures do tie-in with what i had recorded on my IHD. and also seeing as we take these very seriously, only background elec being used during the shift period....ie house alarm, fridge/freezer , wifi etc. with such a low offer made, we even resorted to not having energy saving bulbs on, and went with torches....so the correct Hour period has got to make sense on that basis to. it's all sorted anyway now, so finally closure on the matter. but thanks for the interest shown.

The point I was making about GMT is that the HH data you chose (in your initial post) to use is the wrong data for the particular date in question - you have used GMT+1 instead of GMT for the date in question. Bright automatically adjusts the clock in its settings as it now shows UTC+1 because the clocks have gone forward.

Did you initially use the wrong data as I suggested? Was your reward calculation incorrect? Or did Eon next amend their initial assessment of your reward?
    Community Team
    As you say @Lee29 every little helps and it's much better in your own pocket ๐Ÿ˜‰
    "Green is the prime colour of the world and that from which it's loveliness arises"-Pedro Calderon De La Barca ๐ŸŒณ

OUT OF OFFICE UNTIL 01/05/24 ๐Ÿ–