Pester power

View Tag Cloud
    Level 1
    I am being bombarded by emails and texts telling me to get a smart meter. These messages began some time ago and have become more urgent and more annoying. Now here’s the thing…….the account number is incorrect and I have a smart meter, I have had one for 2 years! I have begged and pleaded for this to be looked into and for the emails to stop. They originally began by telling me I needed to complete my direct debt to get my account set up. They then became more of a nuisance pestering me to sign up for this and that. I have tried to get these emails stopped but all Fiona’s advice was to “ignore them as there is nothing that can be done to stop them going out”. The text messages are piling in and to be frank it is really annoying.
    Is anyone able to stop the texts, even if the emails can’t be stopped. It is a ridiculous situation and a resolution needs to be found!
    Please help
  • 4 Replies

• Best Answer

Level 91
    Best Answer
    @NorwegianBlue

As a customer to customer forum we can advise but cannot effect change. Make a complaint.
    Current Eon Next and EDF customer, ex Zog and Symbio. Don't think dual fuel saves money and don't like smart meters. Chronologically Gifted. If I offend let me know by private message, but I’ll continue to express my opinions nonetheless.
  • Best Answer

Community Manager
    Best Answer
    Hello NorwegianBlue Anasa here 👋 I'm sorry to hear that there is a bit of confusion with your account, its sounds like it's something we can fix for you. Have you been back in touch with customer service? If so what has been said to get this resolved? If not pop me a message with your account details and I'll see what I can do for you 😊
    'The greatness of a community is most accurately measured by the compassionate actions of its members’

Did you know that we're open 24/7 across our Social Media Channels? There are lots of ways to contact us over here!📣

Level 13
    Make a complaint
    Last edited by Anasa_EONNext; 20-03-23 at 18:00.
    Level 1
    After much passing around of emails it transpires that I do have two account with you! I also have a smart meter but the second account, linked to the export of electricity (which you can only do if you have a smart meter), doesn’t think I have one and continued to invite me to have one installed.
    Ryan, a star from customer services, has spent many, many weeks looking into this. He has explained it all and I now understand part of it, just not the bit where there is no joined up thinking. The annoying txts and emails took a while to calm down but they have almost ceased.
    I really was puzzled when I had an alert for my post, as it was so long ago I couldn’t quite remember it.