£300 bill when on a pay as you go meter? how and why?

Level 2
    @Anasa_EONNext

Hello we have found the other letter with the meter reads on there and it is addressed to her meter, yes it has her address, name account number etc.. and she struggles with calls on the phone hence why she has asked me to try and deal with the situation but since I do not live with her as I live in another town I would not be able to make the call for her. Yes the bill has been estimated and it is a 2 flat house, I know upstairs (top flat) has a pay monthly bill but I am trying to get her to ring up in the next couple of days to try and solve this mystery
    Level 91
    @Jjbee1

it might be addressed to her but it is almost impossible for it to refer to her meter. Have the occupiers of the other flat changed recently?

sometimes dealing with issues on behalf of somebody else gets awkward due to data protection issues. Better to ring up together and then add you as an authorised contact to smooth the way.
    Current Eon Next and EDF customer, ex Zog and Symbio. Don't think dual fuel saves money and don't like smart meters. Chronologically Gifted. If I offend let me know by private message, but I’ll continue to express my opinions nonetheless.
    Community Manager
    Morning! @Jjbee1 Thanks for popping back with that information. @meldrewreborn is spot on you can give us a call together and then you can get permission to discuss the account for her in future.

Also you don't have to just deal with this via phone we do have facebook, twitter and WhatsApp if this makes it easier for her, we would need a phone call though if she wanted to give you permission to discuss her account in future for her.

Let us know how you get on, our hands are bit tied without the account holder but please come back if you have any questions once you've been in touch we'll be happy to help.😊
    'The greatness of a community is most accurately measured by the compassionate actions of its members’

Did you know that we're open 24/7 across our Social Media Channels? There are lots of ways to contact us over here!📣