Account in credit - and different tariffs given by Smart Meter and via webpage?

Level 5
    Hello
    I had a considerable number of charges and reverse changes recently - going back months. I am now in credit. So that's good.

However, I don't know if the cause is as below (if it is, it's going to happen again) but here's the issue:

My account via the Eon Next webpage says that my tariff costs:

Electricity - Next Flex
    34.28 p/kWh 44.41 p/day(All rates inc. VAT)

Gas - Next Flex
    10.46 p/kWh 28.48 p/day
    (All rates inc. VAT)

HOWEVER... my Smart Meter tells me the costs are:

Electricity - 37.88p/kWh

Gas - 11.37p/KWh

Surely they should agree? I've emailed Customer Service (who've been good) to ask why/if the Smart Meter should be reset?

Do you have any thoughts?

Thank you
  • 2 Replies

• Best Answer

Level 92
    Best Answer
    @wevonbr

Sounds like you need a tariff update. Send an email to hi@eonnext.com with all your account details in the body and 'Request tariff update push' in the subject and that will hopefully do the job. Alternatively, just leave your IHD reporting the slightly higher costs, and then be pleasantly surprised when the bill arrives and you've been charged a bit less!

Don't shoot me, I'm only the piano player. I DON'T work for or on behalf of EON.Next, but am willing to try and help if I can. Not on mains gas, mobile network or mains drainage. House heated almost entirely by baby dragons.
    Community Team
    Hi @wevonbr - Hopefully we've been able to get to the bottom of this with our customer service agents 🙏 ?
    @retrotecchie is absolutely correct and we should fire off a tariff update for you to hopefully get that information correct again 😊 so hopefully that has been done.

Let us know if you need any more support 😎
    🌍 Striving for a bigger, better and sustainable world!

There are lots of new ways to contact us! If you do need us please
    👉get in touch👈

Thinking about replacing your boiler? You can find out more about our boiler solutions 👉 HERE 👈