Lost Account Details Cannot Access Account

Level 1
    Hi,

I cannot access my account at all. I have the account No name and address but no other information on the account. I have no paperwork whatsoever and am worried my account is rising and I have no access to it. A DD is taken each month.

I have tried to reset the account but don't have the original email, I have called the helpline to no effect.

Should I cancel my DD to get some attention?

• 5 Replies

Level 18
    When you say you have called but to no effect, what exactly happened. ? If you got connection, it is simply a case of being a little patient and waiting for an operative to answer. Try at 9.00am on Monday.
    Level 91
    @Dford

have you tried to log in with you email address and then the lost password process? Or did you not register your account? My emails remain on the web server for years, but yours might not.
    Current Eon Next and EDF customer, ex Zog and Symbio. Don't think dual fuel saves money and don't like smart meters. Chronologically Gifted. If I offend let me know by private message, but I’ll continue to express my opinions nonetheless.
    @Dford I am sorry to hear that you cannot access your account. I wouldn't advise you to cancel your DD if you don't have access to your account. Are you able to reset the password with the forgot password option ?
    Level 92
    @Bennie_EONNext

What I suspect is the the OP no longer has the original email address, so any password resets or communications are going to the OLD email address.

Should be possible to log in to the account with the old email and password, and then edit the email address in Profile, but the problem is that if the original password has been forgotten, then there is no way of gaining access to the account.

Happened to me when I left my last job. I'd been using my work email address for almost 20 years for just about everything. When I needed to access old accounts for stuff like my Nectar card, or my Texaco miles and I couldn't remember passwords, all my resets and everything went to the old address which didn't exist any more.

So there does need to be some kind of reset option that doesn't involve sending passwords via email.

Don't shoot me, I'm only the piano player. I DON'T work for or on behalf of EON.Next, but am willing to try and help if I can. Not on mains gas, mobile network or mains drainage. House heated almost entirely by baby dragons.
    @retrotecchie Oh I see what has been the problem here. I think it is worth it to get in touch with customer service in this case, as once we can confirm,name, account nr. and previous email address, from the back office they can update the email and send a new link to the preferred email in order to regain access to the account.
    @Dford just to clarify you are still a customer with us correct? if this is the case this is something that customer service will be able to sort for you remotely. If you have the chance to get in touch with them on social media or Whatsapp they might be able to support you quicker than the emails :)

Here's the different ways to get in touch with us.