Solar Panel Removal For Roof Repair

• Tags for this Thread
  • solar
View Tag Cloud
    Level 1
    @Lee_EONNext Yes, it’s all sorted. I paid for a complete new system which included new, improved solar panels and inverter. I kept the existing generation meter which retained the last reading. The company installed a new distribution panel and did an electrical safety check, which I think has to be done by law anyway.
    Everything is working well so far, it’s been just over 6 months. The new system is generating as much if not more than the old one with fewer panels which look neater on the roof.
    The profit I have already made from the old solar panels have covered the cost of the new roof and panels with a few thousand spare, so I am very happy. I have thirteen years to run with my existing FIT plan. The rules about adding a battery and keeping my FIT plan are not clear but it will be an option to consider one day.
    Last edited by KPLlewellyn; 13-12-23 at 17:30. Reason: Add more details
    Community Team
    @KPLlewellyn You can add a battery, you just need to submit a diagram and declaration, again any MCS accredited installer should be able to confirm what's allowed and what isn't.

It's important that we make sure we're looking at the FIT Guidance and not SEG.

If you have the rules that you need clarifying, I can answer that.

Just let me know 😁
    Did you know that we're open 24/7 across our Social Media Channels? There are lots of ways to contact us over
    here!
    📣