Over charged

Level 1
    Hi there,

I've emailed you, DM via Twitter (and only got automated responses) and had no luck so thought I'd try here...

OK, I'lll try again. Previously, back oin April E.ON said that i didn't need to provide meter readings as we had a smart meter and that you took readings automatically. However, we got a message a few days back saying that you were having issues with our meter.

And now we've got a new energy statement that says we've used £671.84 of Gas between 16th October 2022 — 31st December 2022. However, on the E.ON app it shows that we've used £706.61 of Gas from 17th Dec to the 3rd of Jan 2023 but it looks like we've used no Gas from 18th Oct to the 16th Dec. So it looks like there's an issue your end. Please can someone get back to me and not just auto respond messages as I think we're being over charged.
  • 2 Replies

Level 91
    @DNicholls

You are not conversing with customer services on the forum unless the other party has E.On Next in their handle. But experienced volunteers will try to help you.

You should be able to use each successive statement to follow the closing reading from one (say early 2022) to the opening reading of the next, and then onto the next statement doing the same.. There should be no gaps. If that is correct then the important matter, particularly if you are a flex (variable price) customer, is that there are readings for 1 April and 1 October 2022 and 1 Jan 2023 because of price changes - some are really significant.

Your bills will consist of standing charges (so much per day), unit charges (so much per unit), government EPG subsidy (only on units - so much per unit from 1 October 2022) and then VAT @5%. Obviously there should be no gaps in the days either, the closing date of one bill being the next bill's opening date.

Your actual bills/statements as shown in your online account are definitive - the App is not, notwithstanding that you might expect them to fully agree.
    Current Eon Next and EDF customer, ex Zog and Symbio. Don't think dual fuel saves money and don't like smart meters. Chronologically Gifted. If I offend let me know by private message, but I’ll continue to express my opinions nonetheless.
    Community Team
    Hi @DNicholls - Have you spoken to customer service about this since?

A great explanation there from @meldrewreborn

The app can sometimes show dates that don't make much sense in relation to charges (I've fed this back to our tech team as it's something we noticed recently)

It would be best following the advice from above, and checking your full bill breakdown to see what you've been charged for, and for which periods, as the periods stated on the app may not line up (you can also check on your online account where this information is laid out more coherently currently)

Let us know if you need any further help though 😊
    Cool 😎 Calm 😌 Collected 🙌 - Here to help, or just for a chat if you like!

Do you agree with a comment? Give the member a 👍
    Got the right answer to a query? Click 'Best Answer' ✅
    Can't find any help using the Search function or by scrolling through our Community? 🤔 Ask a question by starting a new thread in a sub-forum here!
    Find all the ways to get in touch with E.ON Next here