Bills?

Level 91
    Excuse me, who are you?
    Somebody trying to understand why this matter is important to you. But you seem to relate to the other volunteers better than me, so forget I bothered to ask.
    Current Eon Next customer, ex EDF, Zog and Symbio. Don't think dual fuel saves money and don't like smart meters. Chronologically Gifted. If I offend let me know by private message, but Iโ€™ll continue to express my opinions nonetheless.
    Level 5
    @MagsM

Things tend to show up a little slower at the beginning of the month, especially as there has also been a huge spike in workload issuing vouchers, updating accounts and a whole slew of customers with non-smart meters submitting their meter readings to coincide with price cap changes. Your bill will have been produced and totted up at the 'back end'...it just hasn't got as far as the customer-facing app or website just yet due to the sheer amount of traffic happening. When it does appear, you will probably find that it is indeed dated the day after your meter reads, i.e. 4 January.

I went six days in November waiting on a bill. When it turned up, it was dated 02 November as it should have been and matched to the penny with my own calculations. Obviously the delay was not good, but be assured that it will arrive, and show the correct billing date.
    Hi, Thanks, Since the meters were read my IHD has stopped working, just keeps going round in a loop, welcome, updating, lost connection then reboots, I like to keep on top of my usage, so it's very frustrating, thank you for your informative and courteous reply :-)
    Level 5
    Somebody trying to understand why this matter is important to you. But you seem to relate to the other volunteers better than me, so forget I bothered to ask.
    I am trying to understand why me wanting to see my bill is such an issue to you and why are you so rude? Don't bother replying either as you will not be getting any further replies from me!
    Community Team
    Hi @MagsM (and anyone else who may be reading this)

I'm not sure if this applies to you or not, but we are hearing of this for those who are expecting a bill at the beginning of the month and this being a little delayed.

For those of you who pay by Fixed Monthly Direct Debit on the 1st of the month, these payments may still be shown as 'Pending' on your online account. This is due to New Years Day falling on Sunday, New Years day (bank holiday) then being observed on the 2nd, meaning payments should be taken from banks on the 3rd of January. It can then take up to 5 working days to clear on your account.

Until this payment is cleared, your statement/bill will be held - this is so that your Direct Debit payment, as well as your charges for electricity and gas can be detailed all on the same statement.

If yourself, or anyone else who may read this pays by Direct Debit on the 1st of each month and usually gets a statement following shortly after this, you should receive your statements by 11th January latest ๐Ÿ˜Š
    Last edited by PeterT_EONNext; 06-01-23 at 17:04. Reason: spelling
    Cool ๐Ÿ˜Ž Calm ๐Ÿ˜Œ Collected ๐Ÿ™Œ - Here to help, or just for a chat if you like!

Do you agree with a comment? Give the member a ๐Ÿ‘
    Got the right answer to a query? Click 'Best Answer' โœ…
    Can't find any help using the Search function or by scrolling through our Community? ๐Ÿค” Ask a question by starting a new thread in a sub-forum here!
    Find all the ways to get in touch with E.ON Next here
    Level 18
    I am trying to understand why me wanting to see my bill is such an issue to you and why are you so rude? Don't bother replying either as you will not be getting any further replies from me!
    He was trying to help you which is why most people post questions on this web site and most posters are grateful for the help. Unfortunately you don't seem to be grateful at all for someone trying to help you and I cannot see any evidence of rudeness.
    Level 5
    Hi @MagsM (and anyone else who may be reading this)

I'm not sure if this applies to you or not, but we are hearing of this for those who are expecting a bill at the beginning of the month and this being a little delayed.

For those of you who pay by Fixed Monthly Direct Debit on the 1st of the month, these payments may still be shown as 'Pending' on your online account. This is due to New Years Day falling on Sunday, New Years day (bank holiday) then being observed on the 2nd, meaning payments should be taken from banks on the 3rd of January. It can then take up to 5 working days to clear on your account.

Until this payment is cleared, your statement/bill will be held - this is so that you Direct Debit payment, as well as your charges for electricity and gas can be detailed all on the same statement.

If yourself, or anyone else who may read this pays by Direct Debit on the 1st of each month and usually gets a statement following shortly after this, you should receive your statements by 11th January latest ๐Ÿ˜Š
    Thank you for your reply, would this affect my IHD also?
    Community Team
    @MagsM Sorry I forgot to touch upon your IHD

There have been a couple of issues with the IHD's which we're aware of, after some price changes which occurred on 1st January.

Bulk updates are currently being sent out to all of those affected, so please keep this plugged in and switched on, it should be working normally again within the next couple of weeks ๐Ÿ˜Š
    Level 5
    @Johnh1995Had he given me help, I would have thanked him, replying to me with a question as to why I needed to see my bill was no help, what difference does it make to him, I was only asking a question, everyone else who replied did offer help and or advice, for which I was grateful, I like others am trying to keep on top of my gas usage as my house is very hard to heat and this being the first bill after a very cold spell, I was just anxious to see it, I really don't see why this is such an issue, thank you for your input though :-)
    @PeterT_EONNext
    Thanks for the info Peter. My statement isn't due until the middle of the month, and my variable DD was debited from my bank on 3rd January and is still "Pending" on my gas account. I'll assume that variable DDs will have the same clearance time as Fixed DD payments and should show on customer accounts as cleared in the next few days. Very useful advice, thanks.๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿ‘