Warm Winter Discount, Smart Meter Issues and Another

Level 5
    I am trying to apply for the WHD and yet when I click on apply it just reloads the same account page over and over again, I can't call up because their call centres shut at 5pm which is an absolute joke for someone like me who works early mornings past 5pm.

For the 3rd time in the year my smart meter has failed to give a gas reading I've had to do this myself and I just watched it wipe off £300 credit from my total within a blink of an eye, because there stupid machine never submits a reading. And the energy monitor have doesn't work and doesn't show me current spend on gas and electrc but shows me what I current are using and how much I have spent in total.

When I told Eon last time about this the smart *&*^& chap on the phone was having none of it and bascially praised Eon with such glee it was sickening.

They wouldn't send anyone out to fix it they said they had rebooted the SM and it was working again but the energy monitor after 3 reboots still doesn't show my the info I want only a total costs of spend of the day and current electic usage.
  • 5 Replies

• Best Answer

Level 92
    Best Answer
    @Nakatomi

Unless you live in Scotland, no need to apply for WHD. If you get the letter through from the DWP and told you are eligible then it will be automatic if you get the Guaranteed Credit element of Pension Credit.

If you are in the broader group, you will get it if your home qualifies as a High heating cost property, as assessed by the Valuation Office Agency. The link will only take you through to an application process if you are resident in Scotland.

As and when eligibility has been determined, the discount will be applied by your energy company, no later than the end of March.
    Don't shoot me, I'm only the piano player. I DON'T work for or on behalf of EON.Next, but am willing to try and help if I can. Not on mains gas, mobile network or mains drainage. House heated almost entirely by baby dragons.
    Community Manager
    @Nakatomi Anasa here 👋 welcome to the forum! I'm sorry to hear that you are having a bit of trouble trying to register for your WHD if you do live in Scotland and you are still having trouble let us know and we'll look into this for you! 😊
    'The greatness of a community is most accurately measured by the compassionate actions of its members’

Did you know that we're open 24/7 across our Social Media Channels? There are lots of ways to contact us over here!📣

Level 5
    @Nakatomi Anasa here 👋 welcome to the forum! I'm sorry to hear that you are having a bit of trouble trying to register for your WHD if you do live in Scotland and you are still having trouble let us know and we'll look into this for you! 😊

I dont live in Scotland I live in the Uk, and I have had it previously from N-Power before the take over and I've had it from you as well but you've made it far more harder to apply for since your website doesnt even load the correct page but reloads my account page over and over
    Level 91
    @Nakatomi

you don’t apply for the WHD any more- you need to read the previous posts.
    Current Eon Next and EDF customer, ex Zog and Symbio. Don't think dual fuel saves money and don't like smart meters. Chronologically Gifted. If I offend let me know by private message, but I’ll continue to express my opinions nonetheless.
    Level 92
    I dont live in Scotland I live in the Uk, and I have had it previously from N-Power before the take over and I've had it from you as well but you've made it far more harder to apply for since your website doesnt even load the correct page but reloads my account page over and over

If you live in England or Wales you do not have to apply.

If you have had your letter from DWP AND you get the Guaranteed Credit Element of pension credit then you will automatically get the discount on or before 31/3/23. You do not have to do anything.

If, however, you are eligible on any other DWP benefit, you still do not need to apply but you will ONLY get the discount automatically IF the Valuation Office Agency also deem that you live in a 'high heating cost home'. If you qualify on both grounds, then again, you will get the discount on or before 31/3/23.

Until both boxes have been ticked by the relevant agencies and the information given to the suppliers, then you will just have to sit and wait, like the rest of us. The system is not like previous years. It's administered differently and the eligibility requirements are completely different. Many who got the discount in previous years won't be getting it this year. Many who were not eligible previously will get it this year.