Help

Level 1
    Hi

Please help!
    I have desperately been trying to call eonnext - can't get through to anyone. At first emergency line kept cutting off then it finally rang through to be on hold for 46 minutes with no answer!! I'm at my wit's end!!

I have a prepayment meter for my electric and have had for years.
    IT seems the meter is working but only to debit my account and not credit the topups?!
    Today I had to go into emergency which surprised me as I thought I'd put more on but hey ho, it's getting expensive... So I thought.
    I went to my local shop, topped up with £8. Came home and the £8 registered as being accepted but failed to credit the meter. I panicked then as I spotted that the emergency had dropped to £0.81 and the £8 vanished.... "Ah I thought, I wonder if they updated the emergency to £10 as with the gas?"....
    Off I went and topped up with another £3 (my last cash). Exactly same, only within that time my meter at £0.51.
    I borrowed £3 off my friend and topped up again - in case I'd needed to have a couple of pound over emergency registering to get any power....
    Again.... NOTHING..... Balance now at- £0.19 E ....
    What can I do - no error code, no money left and definitely no point in keep topping up to no avail anyway.
    What is happening??
    What can I do.... Gonna run out completely and zero funds left now anyway. And it's soo cold.
    Thanks
  • 3 Replies

Level 91
    @t4cett

Apparently if you email with emergency prepayment top up not being credited in the subject line the automatic filter will pull it forward for priority treatment.

i don’t have prepayment but that is what I’ve read. Clearly something is amiss here - I hope you get some swift response.
    Current Eon Next and EDF customer, ex Zog and Symbio. Don't think dual fuel saves money and don't like smart meters. Chronologically Gifted. If I offend let me know by private message, but I’ll continue to express my opinions nonetheless.
    Level 1
    @meldrewreborn

Thank you so much for replying.... Honestly I am at my wit's end here - and I know I'm due even more BS from EONNEXT.
    Noone is on the end of the EMERGENCY OUTAGE line.... How ridiculous. I hold very little hope of any real help.
    I was automatically switched from eon to eonnext and I have had a nightmare. 14 years an Eon customer, six months of Eonnext and I want to leave.
    They wrongly recorded my details during switchover - having me as a credit meter not prepayment.... Chased me for £1000 that I don't owe - from 2018 apparently - added £300 in late fees and after DAILY calls for 6months and affecting me severely through accusations, lack of care, desire to listen, blatant lying and bully behaviour...I finally got an apology and informed I was right all along and did have prepayment with a ZERO DEBT....
    SOMETHING makes me think they have messed up yet again and now my meter will chew up cash but not repay me with the electric paid for....
    How do you manage such AWFUL SERVICE EONNEXT??!
    Community Manager
    @t4cett Anasa here 👋 I'm sorry to hear that you are having trouble with your meter, I've send you a message about this and @meldrewreborn is correct if you contact us via one of our social media platforms and state you have an emergency you will be prioritised, you'll need some screen shots of your meter as they will ask you what is on each of your screens to work out what the issue may be 😊
    'The greatness of a community is most accurately measured by the compassionate actions of its members’

Did you know that we're open 24/7 across our Social Media Channels? There are lots of ways to contact us over here!📣