Air Fryer Recipes: It's a Game Changer!

Not sure how I feel about dumplings in soup @Tommysgirl but I do love a dumpling on my mince & tatties or a stew ๐Ÿคค
    It's a traditional North-Eastern thing, but they are tasty in soup, very similar to dumplings in stew. I love mince & tatties and dumplings too, with the dumplings crispy on the top from being cooked in the oven. I think I'll cook that tomorrow or Friday. Yummy!๐Ÿ‘ฉโ€๐Ÿณ๐Ÿ˜‹๐Ÿฒ
    Level 92
    @Tommysgirl

My Granny hailed from the North East. In 1988, my parents emigrated to New Zealand, so as I was geographically the closest relative to Granny, the task of taking her to do the 'big shop' once a fortnight fell to me. Soup and dumplings in front of World of Sport on a Saturday afternoon was 'the law' in her house, but you'd never hear me complaining. "Put some meat on your ribs, that will Pet" was her favourite saying.

Don't shoot me, I'm only the piano player. I DON'T work for or on behalf of EON.Next, but am willing to try and help if I can. Not on mains gas, mobile network or mains drainage. House heated almost entirely by baby dragons.
    @Tommysgirl

My Granny hailed from the North East. In 1988, my parents emigrated to New Zealand, so as I was geographically the closest relative to Granny, the task of taking her to do the 'big shop' once a fortnight fell to me. Soup and dumplings in front of World of Sport on a Saturday afternoon was 'the law' in her house, but you'd never hear me complaining. "Put some meat on your ribs, that will Pet" was her favourite saying.
    My Nanna's favourite quote when serving food was "Get that down you, it'll make your hair curly" Funny the things you remember!๐Ÿ˜ƒ
    Community Team
    So we know that @JoeSoap has recently bought himself and FloSoap a new slow cooker (which I am loving and can't wait to see what's next) but I need some air fryer inspo!

I recently bought some silicone liner trays to go inside so that the inside doesn't get damaged and I am trying to be a bit more adventurous with air fryer recipes. I've seen people do all kinds of pasta bakes, curries and casseroles etc in their air fryers so I'm on a mission ๐Ÿ˜†. I would love to try something a wee bit different so if you have tried anything that you didn't think was possible in the air fryer let me know, I would love to try it!

I had naan bread toasties in the air fryer yesterday!
    Last edited by DebF_EONNext; 08-09-23 at 11:07.
    "Green is the prime colour of the world and that from which it's loveliness arises"-Pedro Calderon De La Barca ๐ŸŒณ

Looking for the latest price cap information? Visit this thread Ofgem energy price cap 1 July 2024 - How will this affect my E.ON Next tariff?
    Level 92
    So we know that @JoeSoap has recently bought himself and FloSoap a new slow cooker (which I am loving and can't wait to see what's next) but I need some air fryer inspo!

I recently bought some silicone liner trays to go inside so that the inside doesn't get damaged and I am trying to be a bit more adventurous with air fryer recipes. I've seen people do all kinds of pasta bakes, curries and casseroles etc in their air fryers so I'm on a mission ๐Ÿ˜†. I would love to try something a wee bit different so if you have tried anything that you didn't think was possible in the air fryer let me know, I would love to try it!

I had naan bread toasties in the air fryer yesterday!

It is actually an air fryer, like an early Tower or Tefal sort of thing, or an air oven? You can do literally anything in an air oven that you can do in a conventional oven or under the grill.

This is mine. Change out of a onener and has pretty much completely replaced my conventional oven. It even has a built in rotisserie although I haven't tried it out on an actual chicken yet as they girls are both still laying well. And you won't catch me doing boiled eggs in it! I got rid of the air fryer as it was just so limited in what it can do.
    Last edited by retrotecchie; 08-09-23 at 13:18.
    Community Team
    Now that is different @retrotecchie I have so many questions ๐Ÿ˜† How does it compare to the air fryer? Is it cheaper to run? How much space do they have in them? Is it as quick as an air fryer?

I have a Ninja dual air fryer the one with 2 drawers, it was the best birthday present ever (I need to get out more)
    Last edited by DebF_EONNext; 08-09-23 at 18:45.
    Level 92
    @DebF_EONNext

Like I said, I got rid of the air fryer as it can't do half the stuff this can. About the same power rating according to the specs. Big enough to do a rotisserie medium sized chicken, whole. The rotisserie thingy has a basket on it which does cracking chips.

You can cook an entire dinner in it with a bit of practice...a joint, tatties, stuffing and some of the veg too. I nuke the peas as they're a bit of a problem in an air cooker!

It has two wire grilling racks with variable heights and by adding a small baking tray, 6" square and an inch deep (150mm x 150mm x 25mm in new money) you can cook a full English breakfast (bacon, sausages, mushrooms, grilled tomato and a couple of portions of scrambled egg or a fried egg) in a little under 10 minutes from a standing start.

You can bake a cake in it too!
    Last edited by retrotecchie; 08-09-23 at 19:42.
    Community Team
    ooooh now this sounds like my kind of cooker @retrotecchie, cooked breakfast in 10 mins ๐Ÿ‘€ I think you could be on to a winner here!

This sounds like it's a good size too! My Grandad used to have one of those old halogen cookers, you know the big circle things is this the same kind of thing but less clunky?
    Level 92
    @DebF_EONNext

It has a regular element rather than a halogen lamp. It has a fan to circulate hot air rather like a regular fan oven. Where it really wins is the physical volume of the cooking space...put a small joint in a small roasting tin in a regular oven and your joint is only taking up a relatively small space. Most of the energy is heating up the surrounding space rather than the food itself. The trick with an air oven is the very low volume of wasted air.

Plus it's like a microwave in that it has defrost settings, a timer, temperature control and lots of 'presets' for one-touch cooking of certain things.

The default setting is 190C for 15 minutes which is actually pretty good for most things, but only needs a touch here and there to control temperature and duration.

I'm quite impressed by it, to be honest. And it saves a fortune compared to the regular oven/grill.
    Last edited by retrotecchie; 08-09-23 at 21:25.