Electricity meter not sending readings but gas is

Level 5
    @retrotecchie thanks for the quick reply 😀

@PeterT_EONNext, if the meter is definitely dead, it would be great to get a visit booked if that's possible. Energy is expensive enough paying for what I actually use, we've tried to reduce consumption and I'm not confident that e.on next estimates will be reflective of actual usage.

I take it there is nothing that could be wrong at the e.on next backend that would cause the electricity meter readings to stop increasing?
    Community Team
    Hi @fjcoop

I can see that someone from our Smart Team has left a note on your account stating that they're looking into the smart meter issue on 7 January, but from what you've described, it sounds like the issue may be worse than originally thought if your readings aren't advancing at all.

An engineer visit will definitely be needed for this as your meter is going to need to be replaced. Have you sent the video you've taken over on WhatsApp?

I won't be able to book an appointment with you over here, however, I will leave a very detailed note pinned to the front of your account explaining what the issue is and that an engineer visit is needed in order to resolve this issue. Replies aren't taking as long as pre-Christmas over our social media channels/WhatsApp now, they're generally back to within 24 hours so if you haven't heard back just yet, you should do shortly.

If you haven't done so already, please send any pictures you've taken and videos over on WhatsApp as these will need to be added to your account from there for the appointment to be booked in.
    Last edited by PeterT_EONNext; 09-01-23 at 11:25.
    Cool 😎 Calm 😌 Collected 🙌 - Here to help, or just for a chat if you like!

Do you agree with a comment? Give the member a 👍
    Got the right answer to a query? Click 'Best Answer' ✅
    Can't find any help using the Search function or by scrolling through our Community? 🤔 Ask a question by starting a new thread in a sub-forum here!
    Find all the ways to get in touch with E.ON Next here
    Level 5
    Hi @PeterT_EONNext,

I did tell the person on WhatsApp that the meter wasn't updating at all. Was that info not included on the update with the video? The video felt a bit overkill, I'd be surprised if people are booking bogus engineer appointments.

I've added the video to WhatsApp but getting a response can be hit or miss and then they ghost you. I've tried today and didn't get a response.

I tried to get an engineer appointment over the phone but the customer advisor wouldn't or couldn't do it. All I want to do is pay for what I use and avoid getting into a dispute about usage. When the meter was updating, I was ok with that because I had been manually submitting readings. Now that it isn't working at all it would be great to get it sorted asap, or at least know an ETA.

It's not like I can phone up any gas engineer to get it fixed. I'm completely reliant on e.on next doing something about it.
    Last edited by fjcoop; 09-01-23 at 12:34.
    Community Team
    @fjcoop I agree, the video is a little overkill and usually a picture and an explanation of the fault (especially if it's been days and the reading hasn't changed) is more than enough to warrant a faulty meter appointment needing to be booked.

The response times are significantly less over WhatsApp now compared to a few weeks ago, have you heard back from someone on this now?
    @fjcoop how did you get along ? Did you manage to get in touch with the customer service team to book a replacement ? Looking forward to hearing from you. 😀
    Level 5
    @PeterT_EONNext @Bennie_EONNext Customer services are finally responding over WhatsApp and not completely ignoring me. I spoke to 3 advisors over the course of this week (Lauren, Audrey and Chris). Lauren told me she had uploaded the video to the metering team then went silent (I was told it had already been uploaded), Audrey offered to raise a complaint then went silent (I'm not sure if she did this) and Chris asked me to fill in a form and would be in touch when a date is confirmed.

It does feel a little bit like eon next don't want the meter to be fixed. They get my money regardless and probably recieve no penalties while the meter is out of action.

None of the advisors could answer how my bills will be calculated, which is a concern, and none could create a booking on the spot.

The customer service hasn't been great. All I want to do is pay for what I'm using and this feels like it's dragging on.
    Last edited by fjcoop; 14-01-23 at 12:51.
    @fjcoop Thank you for your update, I do believe that based on the conversation they were trying to understand the situation and run the full diagnostic. I can see they asked you the question in order to book an appointment, so my advice would be that if by mid week next week you haven't heard anything, I would ask for an update on the same chat thread and see what they say. For the appointment I am aware that they will get in contact with you.
    Level 5
    @Bennie_EONNext @PeterT_EONNext

I was having a look at citizens advice - https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/co...ter-is-faulty/.

You should contact your supplier to investigate the problem with your meter. They can arrange for it to be tested. From the day you tell your supplier about the problem, they have 5 working days to update you. When they update you they must do all of the following:

• tell you what they’ve done to investigate the problem
    • tell you what they’ll do to fix it
    • offer to confirm everything in writing, including how long it will take to fix the problem

If your supplier doesn’t do all of these things within 5 working days they have to pay you £30 compensation for each thing they didn’t do. They must do this within 10 working days. If they don't pay you on time they have to pay you an extra £30 for the delay.

I first notified EON Next that the meter was faulty on the 28th December, I then e-mailed and WhatsApped the video on the 30th. 12 working days have passed since then and I still don't know what is happening. Overall, it has been 36 working days (22/11) since I reported issues with the smart meter not sending readings.

I've messaged requesting an update on WhatsApp and I'm waiting for a reply.
    Last edited by fjcoop; 16-01-23 at 21:43.