Ivie bud costs shoot up the next day

Level 5
    Appreciate some advice as I'm confused. I've noticed lately that if I look at my ivie bud app after I've gone to bed it may show that our daily costs for gas & elec including s/c might be say £4.11 and even adding on a couple more hours phantom charge (taking us to midnight) it's still far less than what the charge for that day ends up being. One day my expected charge was £4.11 but my actual costs ended up over £8 for that day.
    I've been taking screenshots at night time and comparing them and it happens every day.
    Any suggestions on why this might be or what I'm missing?
  • 8 Replies

Level 92
    @Lhunter

Did your costs go up any at the beginning of October? If not, what I'm guessing is that your smart meters have only just had updated tariffs 'pushed' to them.

Rather than the cash value, are your kWh usages approximately the same?
    Don't shoot me, I'm only the piano player. I DON'T work for or on behalf of EON.Next, but am willing to try and help if I can. Not on mains gas, mobile network or mains drainage. House heated almost entirely by baby dragons.
    Level 5
    @retrotecchie
    thanks for your reply
    Our tariff increased on 7th Oct when our fixed rate ended. As a result the tariff rate on the actual bud is still out old (lower) tariff but the app holds the correct information so I use the app for now. My concern is more the sudden unexpected change (increase) from when I look at my usage costs at bedtime to what they are stated the next day (the next days costs are not stipulated until the following afternoon or sometimes later) it just doesn't make sense to me why there would be such a difference and I wondered if anyone else experience the same thing or might be able to explain why this is?
    I've emailed both Eonnext and Ivie Bud but I don't know how long they will take to get back to me and have a feeling I could get fobbed off
    Community Team
    Morning @Lhunter 😁

That is a strange one! Could it be that you are running appliances over night?
    What sort of charge are you seeing before bed and once you wake up?
    🌍 Striving for a bigger, better and sustainable world!

There are lots of new ways to contact us! If you do need us please
    👉get in touch👈

Thinking about replacing your boiler? You can find out more about our boiler solutions 👉 HERE 👈
    Level 92
    Morning @Lhunter 😁

That is a strange one! Could it be that you are running appliances over night?
    What sort of charge are you seeing before bed and once you wake up?

Your standing charges would be applied around midnight sometime. For dual fuel, there's probably almost a pound. Prior to the clocks going back, that would have appeared at around 11pm, as the smart metering system operates on GMT all year round and doesn't compensate for clock changes. That would be visible from the last Sunday in October.
    Level 5
    @Han_EONNext no I don't believe so. Our phantom load over night is really low, I'd say at most 10p per hour. In fact this morning at 5.30am our usage so far for the day was £0.13 elec and £0.00 gas (plus standing charge) so even allowing for 10p per hour phantom load / overnight usage whenever I look at what we've used at the point we go to bed and add that and the a/c on the cost in the end is always a lot more - it doesn't make sense to me. I am a bit obsessed with it as we are trying to keep the energy consumption low but it's worrying that I can't account for everything we're being charged for??
    Level 5
    @Han_EONNext I've been in touch with ivie bud team and he said to pass the following on to my energy provider
    We would advise speaking to your energy supplier to get this adjusted. They will need to ensure that all firmware is up-to-date and the latest tariff information for your account is correctly applied. Hopefully it shouldn’t be too difficult for your energy supplier to send the correct information to your smart meter(s). Once this information has been sent, the tariff should become active and the ivie Bud will pick it up.

Whilst your energy supplier might be able to read the meter and then apply the tariff at their end to calculate the cost, that wouldn't guarantee that the information has been correctly pushed down to the meter so that it would display correctly on the ivie Bud. The issue is that the information hasn't been correctly sent to the meter to allow the ivie Bud to display the correct information. We would advise passing this information on to your energy supplier to get them to fix the issue.

Furthermore, part of the information we get from your meter set relates to scaling values; which tells the ivie Bud how to format the raw numbers we get from the meter set. You will need to tell your energy supplier that they haven't sent the correct scaling values to the meter set. None of this should affect your actual bill; it’s just instructions to the ivie Bud to tell us how to show the data.
    Community Team
    Morning @Lhunter

Yes, this would not be an issue with the Ivie Bud device as the device displays your total cost of energy.
    I have made some changes from our side which will send a message to update the device in the next 72 hours 😁. If this does not work then please let us know.
    Level 5
    @Han_EONNext Hi there, that has worked, thank you very much for your help. Kind regards Lesley