Announcement on National Grid Demand Flexibility Service (DFS)

Level 5
    Done our first shift on Tuesday, but how do we know if we met the required usage? I haven't had any info since saying what we used or if we met the target. I can see in our usage history we should have met it, but think we should get an email or details in in app how we did and when we will get the payment?

With thanks
    Rob
    Level 1
    @PeterT_EONNext I participated in this trial on Tuesday. When will I find out if I met my target?
    Community Team
    Hi @Joules

The target is based on the last 30 days half-hourly data information received from your meter up to the point you'd receive an email in relation to participating in an event.

If there was little to no movement due to your solar and battery for the 30 days prior, you may not be contact about that particular event, as no saving would be calculable to make based on the available info from the meters data.

The data will be checked on an ongoing basis. So throughout winter, should your usage increase due to less energy stored/used via your solar/battery setup, you'd then be given a target based on the new data received.
    Cool 😎 Calm 😌 Collected 🙌 - Here to help, or just for a chat if you like!

Do you agree with a comment? Give the member a 👍
    Got the right answer to a query? Click 'Best Answer' ✅
    Can't find any help using the Search function or by scrolling through our Community? 🤔 Ask a question by starting a new thread in a sub-forum here!
    Find all the ways to get in touch with E.ON Next here
    Community Team
    Hi @Arktias and @Elaine44

I've spoken to the team who are running the pilot of the Energy Shift scheme and they've let me know that they're aiming to let everyone know if their targets have been met within 7-14 days after the first event took place.

Once the pilot has ended and all customers have been contacted to take part, they expect the turn-around time for you to be contacted after each event to be within 1-3 days after you've participated.
    Level 5
    Thanks @PeterT_EONNext Any news on how often these will be happening? Guessing Tuesday was a test?
    Level 91
    They are all tests!
    Current Eon Next and EDF customer, ex Zog and Symbio. Don't think dual fuel saves money and don't like smart meters. Chronologically Gifted. If I offend let me know by private message, but I’ll continue to express my opinions nonetheless.
    Community Team
    Hi @Arktias

All we know is that there will be approximately 29 events between now and the end of March.

We can't confirm the frequency to as and when these will be happening. The reason for this is because National Grid tell us shortly before when they believe peaks of electricity usage will be happening based on their historical data.

As long as you're signed up, you'll be notified once we know via email, when an event will take place.
    Last edited by PeterT_EONNext; 18-11-22 at 11:44.
    Level 5
    @PeterT_EONNext Thanks for the info, ha yeah 5-6pm isnt really our peak!

Just another question, sorry, I got my email telling me "I did it" but says I saved only 49%, where I worked it nearer 92% saved. My typical usage in those hours is 0.76kwh and you wanted me to reduce by 0.3kwh (40%). On the history data via Bright app, we only used 0.06kwh. I have attached a picture of the usage on that day. My concern is that the data you are using is incorrect and might miss targets and be a waste of our efforts, will we be able to appeal this if we can proof we have done it?

Name:  Screenshot_20221118_150350_Bright.jpg
Views: 522
Size:  7.6 KB
    Last edited by Arktias; 18-11-22 at 16:03.
    Level 5

Congratulations! You did it.

A pleasant email in the morning, for a change, especially reading comments from all those calling 'con'.

It raises another question though. How much can I get credited?

On my original email 'our pilot event, "where you could earn around £0.52 by participating."

On this mornings result announcement "You reduced your energy usage by 77% which means you'll get £1.09 credited to your account."

Now I'm wondering what I could have 'saved' if I'd really tried. I've got more than double the expected amount, so unless E.ON can come up with some better details on potential 'earnings/savings', I may just have to try a full blackout (fridge / freezer off) on the next test.
    Community Team
    @Arktias I've asked the question around this to gain a little more insight from the Energy Shift team - they'll get back to me on Monday more than likely now.

@cj68 Thanks for sharing this with us! It's great to hear that you exceeded your target! Reaching the target is easier for some, less easy for others, it seems it would depend on how energy efficient you were prior to the event as to how much you can earn during the event - will be getting more info on this though soon.

Turning off the fridge/freezer is okay to do during these events. Food in your fridge/freezer will be completely fine for 4-6 hours, as long as the doors aren't opened during the time it's off (which will reduce the time that the food is okay) so not a bad shout if you're looking to really increase the drop in usage!