I am done with eon next. They have tipped me over the edge.

Level 45
    Hi @Karln,

They are overwhelmed with enquiries at the moment, mainly their own fault but it it what it is and you can expect 5 to 6 days for replies on social media and longer for emails.

As long as the meter readings are correct and your bills are correct, I'd suggest just waiting and seeing if it settles down over the next month or so.
    @Karln I can see what the issue is. The gas was taken before the electric and it has produced the dates on the statements above. I've sorted this now and will pop a reminder on your account so that we get readings once a month.

There would have been automatic ones on the 1st October, as you have a smart meter, as these are needed for the tariff changes. This coupled with the EBSS payments I think it looks like a lot more than expected. I'm sorry this is causing you so much stress. Is there anything else I can help you with billing wise that might b=put your mind at ease?

Anyway I can help, I will,
    Beki
    Community Manager
    Level 1
    Thanks for that @Karln

This is your transactions page and not the meter readings page but looking at the dates, I think I know what's happened here.

With your Smart Meter readings, a billing calendar change will have been applied to your account. This will have probably resulted in you receiving more than one statement during a 1 month period whilst your account balances out.

From what I understand, your account has now been set to send us your readings on the 21st of each month - this means going forward, you should receive a statement on the 21st/22nd of each month as the meters will have been instructed to send us the reads on this date only, so you can have a monthly statement for both gas and electricity going forward (the first after these changes have been applied to your account, being the charges up to 20th October showing at the top of your screenshot).

So next month, you'll see this again on your online account, above the 20th October will be '20th November' outlining your gas and electricity charges between those dates (the readings will show for 21st November, with the charges on that page online showing as 'up to' 20th November.

This has been going on for over 3 months now.

Electric.

Meter reading history

Date Type Read
    21/10/22 Smart 4067
    01/10/22 Smart 3821
    22/09/22 Smart 3727
    21/09/22 Smart 3717
    23/08/22 Smart 3404
    22/08/22 Smart 3390
    22/07/22 Smart 3044
    22/06/22 Smart 2714
    20/06/22 Smart 2693
    22/05/22 Smart 2390
    12/05/22 Smart 2283
    09/04/22 Smart 1943
    GAS.

Meter reading history

Date Type Read
    21/10/22 Smart 157
    09/10/22 Smart 142
    01/10/22 Smart 134
    22/09/22 Smart 125
    23/08/22 Smart 92
    22/08/22 Smart 92
    22/07/22 Smart 64
    22/06/22 Smart 37
    20/06/22 Smart 35
    16/05/22 99999
    Level 1
    @Karln I can see what the issue is. The gas was taken before the electric and it has produced the dates on the statements above. I've sorted this now and will pop a reminder on your account so that we get readings once a month.

There would have been automatic ones on the 1st October, as you have a smart meter, as these are needed for the tariff changes. This coupled with the EBSS payments I think it looks like a lot more than expected. I'm sorry this is causing you so much stress. Is there anything else I can help you with billing wise that might b=put your mind at ease?

Beki
    Community Manager

And to top it all they have even got my total bill wrong they have over charged me.
    Level 1
    And to top it all they have even got my total bill wrong they have over charged me.

Also what do you mean by tariff changes??? i am on a fixed tariff.
    Level 1

Beki
    Community Manager

And to top it all off they have over charged on my last bill.

Also what do you mean by tariff changes??? i am on a fixed tariff.

@Karln There is a known issue with fixed tariff prices and the energy price guarantee - I popped a thread up here. I am still awaiting a response though as to what the plan is for everyone affected by this issue.

All smart meters pull readings every 6 months - usually 1st April and 1st October 😊 Regardless of what tariff you are on.
    Level 1
    @Karln There is a known issue with fixed tariff prices and the energy price guarantee - I popped a thread up here. I am still awaiting a response though as to what the plan is for everyone affected by this issue.

All smart meters pull readings every 6 months - usually 1st April and 1st October 😊 Regardless of what tariff you are on.

so why where mine read on the 30th Sept and 8th Oct and 11th Oct on gas and 11th Oct on Electric??

i cant make heads or tails of that post about fixed tariff prices.

I am on
    Electricity
    Fix 2 Year v15
    Fixed term ends 25/09/2023
    19.21 p/kWh 26.82 p/day(All rates inc. VAT)
    Gas
    Fix 2 Year v15
    Fixed term ends 25/09/2023
    3.77 p/kWh 26.12 p/day(All rates inc. VAT)
    Level 1
    @Beki_EONNext

Can you also look into my latest bill via email please?

Thanks.
    @Karln Ah apologies, that post doesn't apply to you!
    Pop me a message and I'll see if I can help further 😊