SMETS2 Chameleon In Home Display - No longer displaying Electric

Level 1
    Hello,

I am seeing this being a common issue many are having online.

Up until a week ago after having a new In Home Display provided this is no longer showing the Electricity and only displaying Gas. The elect symbol has also disappeared and no longer shower on the device. At the time, it displayed both gas and electric then suddenly stopped around 1-2 weeks ago.

I've restarted this multiple times, place directly in front of the smart meter and restarted but still have the same issue.

Contacting support they advised they cannot do anything unfortunately and it a 'known issue'.

Has anyone found a resolution to this or know how it can be fixed?

The smart meter is still reporting readings online and to my account via the websites, mobile app, however just not showing on the in home display which is not ideal as the main reason for it was to understand energy usage.

The device is a "SMETS 2 Chameleon smart meter IHD".

Any information or feedback would be great.

Thanks,
  • 2 Replies

Level 78
    Howdy!

There's actually quite a few "SMETS2 Chameleon IHDs" so I need to know which one you have. Please can you post photos of both your meters and IHD for me?
    Just another guy passing by... The unknown tech way...
    Pete is an IHD Tariff Update Robot! 🤖 Anasa is a Giant Enemy Robot Spider 🕷 🤖 Hannah is neither! Need Customer service? click here! Replacement IHD Guide? Here it is!
    Level 1
    Hello,

Thank you very much for your reply and response.

Appreciate you would need to see all the device detail and meter details, unfortunately I was a little conscious about sharing this photos online which would be public on this forum!

I'll see if I can get call up again and ask for a replacement or something or engineer to come back and take a look if the customer support team agree to.

Thanks,