Energy discount of £400

Level 5
    @PeterT_EONNext Thank you, but why can Eon not post this so that it arrives at the beginning of the month? To date, I have received nothing. Now there is a postal strike. It is now late on 13th. With the postal strike tomorrow I doubt I will receive it on Monday 17th - which is the very last date I am supposed to receive it by.

Regarding this community. I came here only because I waited for 35 minutes on the phone a week ago to speak to a representative. No-one answered.

Eon has sent customers no official advice regarding this matter. I think that customers ought to have been properly informed.
    Last edited by John2020; 14-10-22 at 00:13.
    Level 91
    … but why can Eon not post this so that it arrives at the beginning of the month?

Things are a bit more convoluted, I’m afraid. The government get the money to the energy company by the last day of the previous month. The energy company have to then get the money to the voucher provider within three working days and then seek to ensure that they then get the vouchers to the customer within 11 working days of the start of the month.

We will probably never know if the government fulfilled their bit or if Eon Next fulfilled their bit and we will only know on Monday if the voucher provider fulfilled their bit.

As you say, there was a postal strike yesterday so that would be considered out of their hands and realistically the deadline has now probably been extended to Tuesday unfortunately.
    I'm an Eon Next dual fuel customer with no particular expertise but have some time on my hands that I am using to try and help out a bit.
    Level 9
    An update for my Community friends.

After a number of emails and messages I sent to Eon, including their social media groups, regarding my personal situation, I actually received a response this morning which I am totally grateful for. I would like to share that with you all and to show there IS a light at the end of the tunnel.

I would also like to thank you all for your advice and support including the Eon reps @Beki_EONNext @PeterT_EONNext amongst others here who do, you have to agree, get a lot of stick. I hope they understand that our questions and gripes are not aimed at them personally but to Eon itself.

Anyhows, below is the response I received as promised 👇👇

"Good Morning Sean, you're speaking with Chloe. I have just picked up your message this morning. I'm terribly sorry that this has happened to you and you had to beg of your landlord, I completely understand your frustration. The government vouchers for prepayment customers are taking a lot longer than usual, we can only apologise for this delay we are working on getting this situation sorted asap.

In the meantime I am going to raise a complaint on your account and what i'm going to do as a good will gesture and to show we are sorry is i'm going to send you out an electric key in the post with £10 credit what you do not need to pay back to us just to help through these tough times and just to show we are sorry for what you went through. Once you receive the new key pop it into your meter and it will give you £10 then from there use the key I have sent you for future top ups.

Hope this has put your trust back into us and hopefully resolved your complaint. Let me know if your happy for me to close your complaint."

I had explained that, after many calls and no help or response, I had to beg some money off my landlord for electricity which was extremely embarrassing.
    Last edited by Tiberius; 14-10-22 at 15:11.
    Community Team
    Hey @Tiberius,

Thank you for taking the time to hop back on and tell us how you got on. I am glad that you managed to get sorted and that Chloe managed to resolve this for you 😊

Just an FYI update vouchers have been issued out in the post so should be arriving on doorsteps soon, some people have already started to receive them so hopefully your voucher shouldn't be too far behind if you are still waiting. Please keep in mind though that there have been the Royal Mail strikes so there may be a slight delay in these getting to you however this is out of our hands unfortunately. You can find out more about the strike dates in the Service Updates thread: Royal Mail postal strikes

"Green is the prime colour of the world and that from which it's loveliness arises"-Pedro Calderon De La Barca 🌳

OUT OF OFFICE UNTIL 04/05/24 🏖

Level 78
    Just a bit of advice actually @Tiberius as I want to make sure you don't accidentally lose credit! Before you insert that new key into the meter for the first time, please make sure to drain all remaining credit off of the existing key onto the meter. If you don't, then the existing key will be disabled and blocked, resulting in the loss of any stored credit. And I don't want to see that happen to you!
    Just another guy passing by... The unknown tech way...
    Pete is an IHD Tariff Update Robot! 🤖 Anasa is a Giant Enemy Robot Spider 🕷 🤖 Hannah is neither! Need Customer service? click here! Replacement IHD Guide? Here it is!
    Level 9
    @theunknowntech
    Already thought of that. Thanks for posting your comment as others will be able to take heed
    🤔💡😁👍
    Community Team
    Great shout @theunknowntech !
    Cool 😎 Calm 😌 Collected 🙌 - Here to help, or just for a chat if you like!

Do you agree with a comment? Give the member a 👍
    Got the right answer to a query? Click 'Best Answer' ✅
    Can't find any help using the Search function or by scrolling through our Community? 🤔 Ask a question by starting a new thread in a sub-forum here!
    Find all the ways to get in touch with E.ON Next here