People on Fixed v18, v19, v20 Online DD Tariffs

View Tag Cloud
    Community Team
    @Mailman Excellent!

I’m not actually around currently, will be again tomorrow morning so will have a look then. Just wanted to ask, once I’ve done this and if successful (really hoping it works as it’s supposed to!) are you happy for me to post a screenshot? Of course, this would just be of the prices on the bill, and units used from your most recent readings, nothing account specific. As long as that’s alright, I’ll then be able to share how this should look.
    Cool 😎 Calm 😌 Collected 🙌 - Here to help, or just for a chat if you like!

Do you agree with a comment? Give the member a 👍
    Got the right answer to a query? Click 'Best Answer' ✅
    Can't find any help using the Search function or by scrolling through our Community? 🤔 Ask a question by starting a new thread in a sub-forum here!
    Find all the ways to get in touch with E.ON Next here
    Level 59
    @Mailman Excellent!

I’m not actually around currently, will be again tomorrow morning so will have a look then. Just wanted to ask, once I’ve done this and if successful (really hoping it works as it’s supposed to!) are you happy for me to post a screenshot? Of course, this would just be of the prices on the bill, and units used from your most recent readings, nothing account specific. As long as that’s alright, I’ll then be able to share how this should look.

Yes go ahead with this plan..
    Level 9
    @PeterT_EONNext

I understand what you are saying about what the tariff is showing is purely cosmetic, but TBH I have little faith that what I will pay is correct!

My v19 tariff is still showing my electricity at 42.62p kWh, standing charge 51.63p, and my direct debit is still at what it would have been pre EPG but minus the £66 EBSS - just this morning I have had the email reminder that my direct debit is due to go out soon, at the price it's showing on my (wrong) tariff.
    Level 6
    @PeterT_EONNext

I understand what you are saying about what the tariff is showing is purely cosmetic, but TBH I have little faith that what I will pay is correct!

My v19 tariff is still showing my electricity at 42.62p kWh, standing charge 51.63p, and my direct debit is still at what it would have been pre EPG but minus the £66 EBSS - just this morning I have had the email reminder that my direct debit is due to go out soon, at the price it's showing on my (wrong) tariff.

Yes, I am in the same position. Its really not good enough to say, the bill should be correct, I want to know that definitely. Once this chaos is sorted out, I will consider moving to another supplier. And as somebody said previously, just something on the website to say you are still working on updates would lessen the amount of annoyance/distress you are creating.
    Emails and DMs are not being answered.
    Level 8
    @PeterT_EONNext

As well as the problems with the incorrect rate showing online; I'm pretty sure that my Smart meter has not updated. It's showing usage at less than £2 per day for gas and electric, which was the sort of rate I was paying last Autumn having fixed in September 2021 until October 2022.
    Level 91
    @onyourbike

I would be very surprised if your IHD has updated given the amount of requests for updates on here. Mine never seems to update automatically and of course hasn’t this time.

Previously, we could request an update through this forum and it would be done overnight. Now we have to contact customer service. I chose to send a WhatsApp as even knowing it may take over a week to get a response, it will be better than waiting on the phone.
    I'm an Eon Next dual fuel customer with no particular expertise but have some time on my hands that I am using to try and help out a bit.
    Level 59
    @PeterT_EONNext

As well as the problems with the incorrect rate showing online; I'm pretty sure that my Smart meter has not updated. It's showing usage at less than £2 per day for gas and electric, which was the sort of rate I was paying last Autumn having fixed in September 2021 until October 2022.

My Smart Meter updated yesterday (and IHD did on the same day) albeit to the slightly incorrect tariff on electricity, but gas is correct and SC are both correct. So things are starting to update (if they haven't already done so).

More importantly let's see what @PeterT_EONNext is able to see when he generates my test bill hopefully to the correct rates using the post October 1st tariff rates.
    Community Team
    @Mailman I've had a go at this and your account wouldn't allow me to do what I was attempting to do, I believe this may be because we've had to pause the billing on your account whilst the issue is still being fixed before we send out the next bills for anyone whose tariffs aren't showing correctly (I've asked about this, so should hopefully know more next week)
    Level 59
    @Mailman I've had a go at this and your account wouldn't allow me to do what I was attempting to do, I believe this may be because we've had to pause the billing on your account whilst the issue is still being fixed before we send out the next bills for anyone whose tariffs aren't showing correctly (I've asked about this, so should hopefully know more next week)

I do already see a transaction on my account - so there is a charge created on my account presumably with the incorrect regional electricity rates applied. Difficult to say if this calculated transaction I now see has been calculated on the incorrect rate of 34.01p/kWh or the correct one of 32.24p/kWh as I would need to know the exact electricity read used in the calculation. Is this transaction now going to be voided and removed esp if it has been calculated using the wrong rate?

EDIT - Now seen a small customer service gesture credited to my account as it looks as though the incorrect rates were indeed used for this transaction,
    Last edited by Mailman; 14-10-22 at 14:30.
    Level 8
    @Mailman

I too have small Customer Service credits showing, so probably not down to the incorrect rates being used but a general "sorry" for messing things up!