Govt £400 energy subsidy

• Tags for this Thread
  • ebss
View Tag Cloud
    Level 91
    @CamillaCherrie

Yes I've got one too. My gas bills are close to zero in the summer and substantial in the winter. I use less Electricity than the average but more than average in Gas.
    Paying on standard credit rather than by DD is about 8.6% more. You could pay by DD after receipt of bill (some other suppliers don't pemit this) to get the benefit off DD pricing.

Prices are:
    VAT EX VAT EX VAT EX VAT incl VAT incl VAT incl
    Electricity OFGEM maximum standing charge per day £'s OFGEM derived likely unit price £'s OFGEM Unit price less EPG (17p)£'s OFGEM maximum standing charge per day £'s OFGEM derived likely unit price £'s OFGEM Unit price less EPG (17p)£'s
    Direct Debit
    Northern Scotland 0.4864 0.4849 0.3149 0.5107 0.5091 0.3306
    Southern Scotland 0.4825 0.4915 0.3215 0.5066 0.5161 0.3376
    Pay on receipt of bill
    Northern Scotland 0.5464 0.5107 0.3407 0.5737 0.5362 0.3577
    Southern Scotland 0.5423 0.5177 0.3477 0.5694 0.5436 0.3651
    GAS
    Direct Debit
    Northern Scotland 0.2713 0.14 0.098 0.2849 0.147 0.1029
    Southern Scotland 0.2713 0.14 0.098 0.2849 0.147 0.1029
    Pay on receipt of bill
    Northern Scotland 0.3194 0.1475 0.1055 0.3354 0.1549 0.1108
    Southern Scotland 0.3194 0.1475 0.1055 0.3354 0.1549 0.1108

it's your choice.
    Current Eon Next and EDF customer, ex Zog and Symbio. Don't think dual fuel saves money and don't like smart meters. Chronologically Gifted. If I offend let me know by private message, but I’ll continue to express my opinions nonetheless.
    Level 45
    @Andy65 I'm not so sure, had a bit back and forth and they were pretty sure thats how its working and I will be paying for usage regardless of credit in my account.

Haven't had a reply on whatsapp since Saturday....

Asked for tariffs if I cancelled DD and still waiting on them accepting the fact my smart meter no longer works after 3 years of no data being sent.

Just in case you missed my other reply @CamillaCherrie as it's been moved to the first page:

I wouldn't cancel your DD @CamillaCherrie, why not wait until your next bill? Your current credit (£12+£53, total £65) will be taken into account, so if your October bill is less than £65 your current credit will cover it and your DD should not be taken.

I really do think it's just a timing issue of your bill, the £66 credit and your DD date. If I'm right you're effectively just running a month behind those of us who pay by fixed monthly DD.
    Level 1
    @Anasa_EONNext

Hi there, we are on the standard key meter snd haven't received any vouchers yet. When can we expect it?
    Level 5
    @Andy65

still can’t get an answer from them.

had this message
    This is how it is set for everyone. Your currently on a variable direct debit so we use the £66.00 first that comes in towards your bill and then any extra required will be deducted from your direct debit.

then right after this

Yes the credit will not be used. You can have the built up credit refunded back to your bank or left in your account to help when you use extra energy over the winter to cover bills.

messaged them on the 7th. Couple of replies on 15th then nothing until this evening.

Level 5
    @meldrewreborn

i already pay direct debit on receipt of bill.

they still can’t get it right.
    Level 5
    @meldrewreborn

my current rates are Elec - 50.66 standing and 33.76 unit
    Gas 28.48 standing and 10.28 unit

that’s with a direct debit.
    Level 10
    @CamillaCherrie

That sounds frustrating - and unhelpfully contradictory..

I suspect the first piece of information is correct. Like you, I pay a variable DD each month. In October the £66 Government assistance was applied to my energy account on 5th and because that more than covered September's usage, my DD (which was due to be taken on 14th) was zeroed - nothing was taken from my bank account.

That's how the system's supposed to be working as far as I'm aware, and hopefully is what will happen for you from November onwards. The start of October was a bit chaotic with the change in price cap, energy price guarantee and government assistance all needing to be applied at the same time, and judging from the forum here there have been more than a few hiccups.
    Level 45
    @Andy65

still can’t get an answer from them.

had this message
    This is how it is set for everyone. Your currently on a variable direct debit so we use the £66.00 first that comes in towards your bill and then any extra required will be deducted from your direct debit.

then right after this

Yes the credit will not be used. You can have the built up credit refunded back to your bank or left in your account to help when you use extra energy over the winter to cover bills.

messaged them on the 7th. Couple of replies on 15th then nothing until this evening.

Hi @CamillaCherrie

The first reply you've had make sense to me and I think it's as I said before about the timing of the £66 being credited to your energy account. Even though you pay by DD on receipt of bill, the first £66 was credited too close to the date of your DD for them to alter the DD, which means that you have ended up in credit. This credit will then be taken off your next bill first, and if the energy used is less than that credit, your DD will be zero.
    I'm fairly certain that from your next bill onwards it will make more sense.

I think the second reply means that, if your energy used per month continues to be less than £66, you can either leave the credit in your energy account to be used over winter if your usage increases, or have it paid back to your bank account. The problem with having it paid back is that you may have to contact them each time and you know how long that takes.

When you get your next bill I suspect it will make more sense. I think because you pay by receipt of bill you're expecting your energy account to be zero each month, but because this Government energy payment is an unusual event, eon-next are probably having to apply it in the quickest way they can, rather than the best way.

Can I suggest waiting until you receive your next bill, and in the meantime if you still have questions or I haven't explained it very well, please post back.
    Level 1
    @Anasa_EONNext Hello, I am still waiting to receive my voucher for prepayment meter, why is it taking so long to send them out?
    Level 91
    Apparently the redemption rate of prepayment vouchers is about half of what was expected. While there could be many reasons for that dispatch and delivery will part of it.