Tariff rates showing what they would've been before the EPG

Level 6
    @Lynn0771 From today, the tariffs are now all set up and you can see your new rates on your account that are inline with the EPG.
    I appreciate that it has taken us a lot of time to update this information and we have sent messages out on our website and customer accounts.
    Sorry, but the tariffs are still wrong on my on-line account and the direct debit is still way too high. When will they be correct? In addition I'm over £900 in credit. I sent an email last week, but no reply. It's no use saying the direct debit will be correct - I simply don't believe you! And the rates on my IHD are wrong as well!
    Level 18
    Sorry, but the tariffs are still wrong on my on-line account and the direct debit is still way too high. When will they be correct? In addition I'm over £900 in credit. I sent an email last week, but no reply. It's no use saying the direct debit will be correct - I simply don't believe you! And the rates on my IHD are wrong as well!
    Mary, are you on the EPG tariff or a fixed tariff that is is lower than the EPG?. What unit rates are shown on your account for gas and electric?.How did you manage to get over £900 in credit and when did you last review the DD that you have been paying?
    Level 6
    @Johnh1995 Fantastic questions, you beat me to it 😊
    I am on V19 since 6th October, and the rates quoted online are much higher than the EPG. Electricity is quoted at 43.45/kWh and 37.92/day. I keep reading that I will end up on Next flex which will then be reduced to the EPG. I am in huge credit because we reduced our electricity usage, by stopping using the tumble dryer, underfloor heating etc and getting solar panels back in April. I had assumed that the regular DD would take into account the credit and therefore the DD would be less, but this doesn't appear to be considered. (Our previous supplier was EDF, who would give us a refund in the summer.) And yes I know I can reduce the DD by 10%, but I don't want to add further confusion right now. The IHD still appears to reflect the previous v7 tariff, so this needs sorting as well.
    I do appreciate that as we'd been on v7 for a year, the bill would be significantly increased, but I would like to see the correct rates on my account.
    Level 91
    @Marypw

the in home display is theoretically correct - but theory and practice diverge. Personally I’d treat the IHD as a guide- the only element that should always be correct is the consumption in kWh. Your online account should have the correct rates. Prices this winter for variable rate customers are roughly twice last winters, and coming from a fix to the new variable will likely be similar, if not more. If your DD has not been increased the excess might soon reduce.
    But if you compute your own assessment of what your DD should be over 12 months then you’ll be in a much better place when you get through word has it that 09:00 in the dot is a good time.
    Current Eon Next and EDF customer, ex Zog and Symbio. Don't think dual fuel saves money and don't like smart meters. Chronologically Gifted. If I offend let me know by private message, but I’ll continue to express my opinions nonetheless.
    Level 91
    @Marypw

Reading through all your forum posts it looks to me that your gas tariff has updated on your account ok and your v19 electric tariff has been reduced by the initial 17p/kWh that was stipulated in the EPG. What hasn’t been done is the further reduction down to the SVR of approx 34p/kWh as per Eon Next policy, so I can see why you are concerned.

The post in the following link suggests your bill will be correct and the rates shown in your account will be updated imminently…
    https://community.eonnext.com/thread...ll=1#post18441

However, I see that @Beki_EONNext has said above that everything has been updated to the EPG ‘as of today’. Whilst this is correct in your case, your rates have not been reduced further to Next Flex rates in line with Eon Next policy.

I understand completely where you’re coming from and hopefully either Beki or @PeterT_EONNext will see this and be able to put your mind at rest.

As for the IHD, this is a separate issue and mine also shows the incorrect rates. It won’t affect your billing at all and if you do as I have just done and message customer service requesting it is updated, then it should be done once your request gets to the top of the pile. That of course can take many days to happen… but happen it should… eventually.
    I'm an Eon Next dual fuel customer with no particular expertise but have some time on my hands that I am using to try and help out a bit.
    Community Team
    Hi @Marypw

Sorry about the confusion caused by what you're seeing on your online account.

We're aware of an issue with those on the Next Online v19 tariff where the gas has updated correctly showing the EPG rates but the electricity isn't displaying correctly online.

You'll still be billed on the correct EPG rates, the rate you're seeing online is merely cosmetic currently, and our tech team are working on a bulk fix to get this updated on everyone's account.

Cool 😎 Calm 😌 Collected 🙌 - Here to help, or just for a chat if you like!

Do you agree with a comment? Give the member a 👍
    Got the right answer to a query? Click 'Best Answer' ✅
    Can't find any help using the Search function or by scrolling through our Community? 🤔 Ask a question by starting a new thread in a sub-forum here!
    Find all the ways to get in touch with E.ON Next here
    Level 6
    Thanks for all the messages folks- I hope all this gets sorted soon.
    Level 13
    I hope everyone gets it sorted, I'm on the next flex tariff and my rates are showing correctly in my account and I had to ring up to get them to update the ihd to the correct tariffs which was done successfully, I'm taking meter reads every day and working out what I'm using, with my tariff I'm still paying by direct debit every month but only for what I'm using so this month it was taken out of my credit, then the £66 was added to my credit so I'm hoping that hopefully I won't have to pay anything until December the whole thing is just a mess and daylight robbery for people, especially with the cost of food rising, rent and mortgage interest rates on the rise too, I was told that when your bill comes it will show the old rates that ofgem set but then they will take the EPG rate off that so the bills should be correct.