Not receiving bills

Level 1
    Hello all,

Just need any of your advice.

I moved into this apartment in June and opened an account with E.On, received a welcome letter about direct debit set up was successful. Since then I have not received a single bill from them.

I submitted my meter reading monthly (being a good customer) but still there is no outstanding amount.

I have been calling customer service everyday religiously, sending a whatsapp message everyday (they said it's 24/7, 365 available, ha!) and even sent an email to them. None of them got a response.

I certainly do not want to receive an epic bill (they even made a Youtube video saying "we charge you monthly so it helps people with better budgeting), any suggestion on next move would be highly appreciated!
  • 8 Replies

Level 91
    @wallywally

Do you have the Eon Next App or an online account? You can check on there to see when your last reading was submitted and what it was and also see any statements and your DD amount.

It may be that none of this information is there but either way it will give a clue as to what has gone wrong.

Having tried to contact customer service frequently without luck then raising a complaint may now be the way forward. Hopefully you have a trail of correspondence to arm yourself with and knowing what is says in your online account or app will help.

Good luck with it.
    Level 91
    @wallywally you can calculate for yourself what you owe. Put the money aside and wait. Customer services are currently overwhelmed.
    Current Eon Next customer, ex EDF, Zog and Symbio. Don't think dual fuel saves money and don't like smart meters. Chronologically Gifted. If I offend let me know by private message, but I’ll continue to express my opinions nonetheless.
    Level 1
    Thanks guys @JoeSoap @meldrewreborn

Yes I do have an online account and I did bank in $25 last month and they are not taken away at all! There is a price in my smart meter (from the building) and it says $86. Do you think it's trustworthy?
    Level 91
    @wallywally

I’m not entirely sure what you’re telling us. I think you’re saying you’ve paid £25 but why would you if you haven’t received a bill? What is the £86 in the meter?

Can you see any meter readings in your online account? Are there any statements? Is there a DD amount? Is there a current balance showing?

Let’s see if we can get to the bottom of this.
    I'm an Eon Next dual fuel customer with no particular expertise but have some time on my hands that I am using to try and help out a bit.
    Level 1
    Hi @JoeSoap,

E.On did say I owed them £25 before I set up DD successfully in June, so I banked in exactly £25 but it's never deducted, instead it becomes "credit" in my account, I'm not sure if it makes sense to you at all (not to me.......)

£86 is what it is showing in my "Smart Meter" apart from my meter reading. The Online account only shows the reading I submitted, nothing else, current balance is still £0.00 (with £25 as credit)

Sometimes I wonder if I even exist in their account at all.
    Level 91
    @wallywally

A screenshot of your account dashboard would help here.

I don’t understand a balance of zero but with £25 credit.

There is at least one meter reading showing but are there any statements/bills and is there a DD amount showing.

This definitely needs discussing with customer service but you can’t get a response.

If you only tried in the last few days then all hope isn’t lost as there is a delay of up to five days at present.

All the information you can put on this thread will help as you can link it in any future correspondence with customer service.
    Level 92
    @wallywally

I am also having problems with my non-existent bills. I moved to my new place in December and finalised the old property bill back in February. Due to not having the correct details ( their mistake, not mine) for the new property, it took until June 8th for Eon.next to decide they were my supplier at the new place. Meanwhile I was paying for electricity with the existing supplier at the property.

So on June 8th, I had the acknowledgement letter and they accepted my meter reading for that date. In the meanwhile, no monthly bills, no estimated usage and no longer taking my Direct Debit since April.

I submitted my meter reading at the end of September, and still no bill. Fortunately, my account is nicely in credit as I make manual payments to the account.

My account is clearly active as they sent me the email about October price rises. Mind you, sending that on 27 September for effect on 01 Oct is clearly in breach of the 25 days notice period according to Ofgem...
    Last edited by retrotecchie; 10-10-22 at 14:52.