Direct Debit change.

Level 4
    So I'm assuming everyone is having the same problem but I really don't understand and need to sort this before it gets taken from my account.

It is showing i am currently paying £146
    then says on the 6.10.22 il be paying £114
    and then from the 1.10.22 il be paying £79.40

so which is it? £114 or £79? Will it be both of them added together coming out? I don't understand. I've been trying to speak to someone since last week and can not get through to anyone.

Can someone clarify this for me please?
  • 5 Replies

Level 91
    @Denni

You're correct inasmuch as many are reporting this. It is confusing for all of us and explains why many are complaining about not being able to get in touch with Eon Next. The phone lines must be jammed.

If these figures are in your online account but you have received an email or letter with your future DD payments then the latter will be the accurate figures.

Check your forecasted usage in kWh and multiply by the expected unit costs and add the daily standing charge. Divide by 12 for a guide to your DD. You can then subtract the government help of approx £67 per month for the next six months.

Forecast rates are... Elect 34p/kWh and 46p/day Gas 10.3p/kWh and 28p/day.

If you're still confused then you are not alone.
    I'm an Eon Next dual fuel customer with no particular expertise but have some time on my hands that I am using to try and help out a bit.
    Level 91
    Don't forget there are other means of contact where you can leave details and they will get back to you. See here for details.
    They tried this game in April. They insisted my DDs go from £120 to over £200 and the portal would not allow me to change this much.
    I spent all week trying to contact them by phone, but they just put me on hold with no idea as to how long the queue was! In the end, and with multiple times waiting for 45 mins with no response, I had to bombard them with emails... After 2 weeks they did come back to me and I told them I would either cancel the DD or agree to £145/month. The eventually agreed, and guess what... over the next 6 months I was in CREDIT mostly by £20!!! So, I was RIGHT! They are using our money to bolster their account balance! Disgusting!

Now I have the exact same fight, but this time they want to put my DD up to over £270! Ringing is useless, ALL of their tel number get cut off/dropped after a few seconds, or just play music until your fed up waiting!

It appears they dont care about us consumers, and are happy to play monopoly with our money!

SO, now I am going to have to take the radical step of cancelling my DD. They I will pay whatever the bill comes to monthy with ME in control. not them!

TERRIBLE!

Perhaps we ALL should cancel our DDs, and make a POINT!
    Level 91
    @DeeLewis

When a direct debit is for 12 months and you start in the summer, its entirely normal to build up an account credit for a few months. When the winter comes it disappears. All the fixed direct debit does is spread the cost of the bills out, so that there is no massive bill shock in the winter. With Eon next (but not all suppliers) you can pay by direct debit on receipt of the bill, which has the great benefit of retaining the direct debit prices. If you pay on receipt of bill other than by direct debit, the prices are higher, the extra cost is around £150 per year for an average user.

Think your strategy through carefully.
    Current Eon Next and EDF customer, ex Zog and Symbio. Don't think dual fuel saves money and don't like smart meters. Chronologically Gifted. If I offend let me know by private message, but I’ll continue to express my opinions nonetheless.