Can I connect my Home Assistant to Smart Meter?

Level 5
    Not as such but I can do one better for ya. @PeterT_EONNext is my direct-to-tech-support route if I get stuck. :)

Thanks @theunknowntech - appreciated.
    @PeterT_EONNext. Hello :). I've raised a "call" with the customer services team via the "main" residential number. They didn't fully understand what I was asking about, so I sent them the email from Hilderbrand. Might you know what would happen next? Will I get stuck in some kind of Infinity Loop distorting relativity? Or might this be quite simple for E.On to rectify? Thanks for any pointers you could give
    "The other good news is that your WAN is up and we can see your meters, and they have the following tariff on them:

[{"standing":-22.146},{"tier":1,"rate":28.455}]

That is going to be problematic ! Our source of truth for pricing data is your meters and it is your energy supplier who sets the pricing data (standing charge and rate). Our tariff engine can cope with any tariff structure - whether time of use, inclined block, weekday/weekend, etc. that isn't where the issue is.

Your energy display may have correct costs of consumption while the Bright App does not because the display retrieves the calculated cost of consumption from the meter whereas Bright retrieves the standing charge and rate from the tariff field on your meter and then applies that to the consumption (which is how we support tariffs like Octopus Agile). Your supplier has probably set the cost of consumption at meter level but have not set the separate standing charge and rate(s).

If there is an issue, you need to follow up with your supplier, explaining that you are viewing your data via a DCC Other User. Tell them that we run the Service Request 4.11 to retrieve the tariff information. We recommend you ask to be directed to the Smart Meter Technical team for resolution as the general agents aren't usually able to help."

On another point, this community might like to know of the following:

"Because some suppliers seem to not manage updating tariffs correctly, we will be adding the ability to add the tariff yourself via Bright at some point this year (sooner rather than later with the number of problems we are getting reported to us!). That update will also be made so that the Display (for people who have it) will also reflect the correct cost of consumption.

Do be reassured that suppliers don't use the meter tariff when they bill you - they use their billing systems and only take the half hourly slots of consumption from the meter and presumably apply what is your agreed tariff at that point.

What is set on your meters is what appears in Bright."

Thanks again for everyone's commentary. Very helpful, indeed. I should now be able to monitor my home's load profile in a much better way to inform solar and battery backup sizing, and more "accurate" RoI.

Cheers.
    Community Team
    Hi @rolandashdown

I've sent a tariff update through to your meter which seems to have been successful, so from tomorrow, the prices should be showing correctly.

Pete 😊
    Cool 😎 Calm 😌 Collected 🙌 - Here to help, or just for a chat if you like!

Do you agree with a comment? Give the member a 👍
    Got the right answer to a query? Click 'Best Answer' ✅
    Can't find any help using the Search function or by scrolling through our Community? 🤔 Ask a question by starting a new thread in a sub-forum here!
    Find all the ways to get in touch with E.ON Next here
    Level 5
    Hi @rolandashdown

I've sent a tariff update through to your meter which seems to have been successful, so from tomorrow, the prices should be showing correctly.

Pete 😊
    @PeterT_EONNext.

Thanks you very much. you're a gent.

Thanks again.
    Level 5
    @PeterT_EONNext. One final thing (sorry). Any idea why my meter is not sending readings to E.On? Perhaps not for this post/forum...

Thanks again.
    Level 5
    @PeterT_EONNext: Hi. Just a quick update. It seems the tariff info feed to Hildebrand/Bright is still picking up the negative standing charge. I'll see how if it changes over the next few days and hope for the changes to be reflected, and let you know.

Thanks.
    Level 1
    Sorry to jump on this thread but I'm just wondering @rolandashdown if all is working for you now? I've not yet purchased a new IHD but using the Glowmarkt API I'm also getting a negative standing charge value for electricity...

{
    "type": "flatrate",
    "cid": "PWER",
    "structure": [
    {
    "source": "DCC",
    "planDetail": [
    {
    "standing": -22.146
    },
    {
    "rate": 28.455,
    "tier": 1
    }
    ],
    "weekName": "1"
    }
    ],

Should I try and contact EON (how did that work for you) or am I better off trying to be nice to @PeterT_EONNext in the hope that he can wave his magic wand at my setup. Thanks in advance.
    Level 5
    @davidr1: Hi, and thanks for the note. I've got my Hildebrand IHD working nicely with my SMETS2 meter and MQTT to a Home Assistant instance, as well as the Glow iOS app and desktop app. @PeterT_EONNext was most helpful in ensuring that the standing charge was corrected at source. And "by coincidence", E-On are now doing remote smart meter readings, too (after many moths of them not commissioning the meter properly!).

Thanks.
    Level 78
    I'm afraid Pete can't do that request anymore. Customer service should though
    Just another guy passing by... The unknown tech way...
    Pete is an IHD Tariff Update Robot! 🤖 Anasa is a Giant Enemy Robot Spider 🕷 🤖 Hannah is neither! Need Customer service? click here! Replacement IHD Guide? Here it is!