Fixed rate tarrif - right to move back to SVR?

Level 9
    I've just done the same and got an immediate reply and now back on the variable. It will only be for a month but still.....

Ah, my fixed rate wasn't due to start until 1st October anyway, it sounds like I'll effectively be on the Government Price Guarantee from then regardless of being on fixed or SVR.
    Level 91
    Martin Lewis is reporting that those on fixes will be allowed to leave those fixes without penalty, but alternatively their fix tariff will be reduced by 30%. This latter will be attractive with older fixes but not to more recent fixes. Its looking a lot better than we might have imagined. The new prices apply from 1 October 2022 and the no penalty switch may only apply from then and not before then. Best I think to sit on hands and wait for more detail.

The split between the two fuels will be important. Gas prices under the now defunct Oct 2022 prices cap were going up significantly more than electricity. So much will depend on whether they take the Apr 2022 prices and increase them or decrease the Oct 2022 prices. Once again the devil is in the detail.
    Last edited by meldrewreborn; 08-09-22 at 14:55. Reason: addition
    Current Eon Next and EDF customer, ex Zog and Symbio. Don't think dual fuel saves money and don't like smart meters. Chronologically Gifted. If I offend let me know by private message, but I’ll continue to express my opinions nonetheless.
    Level 3
    Since I switched to the fixed tariff last month, I can not see the variable tariff anymore. Then I went to the Eon next main page to search TARIFF LIST by postcode, but was told the tariff not available, in this case, how can we compare our fixed tariff using with the forthcoming new variable tariff? or simple question, where can I find the variable tariff?

Thanks
    Level 44
    Hi @frosti

It may well be on hold until the final details from yesterdays announcement are sorted out and the prices per kWh etc published. I would suggest waiting a few days or so until it's clearer, the more information you have to help make a decision the better.
    Level 91
    @frosti

In answer to your simple question try here. This will be today's rates and not the forthcoming ones that you alluded-to earlier in your post.
    I'm an Eon Next dual fuel customer with no particular expertise but have some time on my hands that I am using to try and help out a bit.
    Level 4
    i was on v20 next but have asked to move to the SVR

so from
    77.02 p/kWh 50.53 p/day for electricity
    19.25 p/kWh 32.03 p/day for gas.

to SVR:
    27.63 p/kWh 44.75 p/day for electricity
    7.28 p/kWh 27.22 p/day for gas.
    Level 1
    I too timed this new price guarantee badly - renewed and signed up for Next Online v20 on the 3rd September (to commence 30/09). Was more expensive than the original October 1st price cap SVR; but come January if the 50% rise was to be believed then it would have become cheaper for the remaining 9 months of the fix. Yesterday I emailed EON to say I was in my cooling off period - and the tariff hadn't even begun - so I wanted to revert to NextFlex / SVR.

They replied pretty sharpish which was good.. and I was given the following advice:

Thanks for getting in touch, I hope you're well.
    As per announcement made , the advice given at the moment is to stick with the tariff you're on.
    There is no need to switch back to the Standard Variable as your current tariff will be re-priced in line with announced cap.
    You will not be charged any additional and the re-price will be back dated to the date you selected your new tariff. We will communicate this with you as soon as this has been done with a new unit price and standing charge.
    I hope this information helps. Have a lovely day.

So it looks like they're on it and updating their advice daily. Although something feels amiss - i.e. they can claim more money to lower the unit price from the government for fixed tariff customers? Call me cynical, idk.Time to wait and see 😊
    Level 29
    Since I switched to the fixed tariff last month, I can not see the variable tariff anymore. Then I went to the Eon next main page to search TARIFF LIST by postcode, but was told the tariff not available, in this case, how can we compare our fixed tariff using with the forthcoming new variable tariff? or simple question, where can I find the variable tariff?

Thanks
    You can't compare tariffs under 'search Tariff List by postcode', for the time being, because there is too much going on with such changes in energy policy pricing, change of government and monarch following the death of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II
    As Anasa stated
    we've been quiet on the Community and our social platforms apart from replying to emergencies out of respect for the Queen

Eon Next Customer

Level 91
    That seems OK, to me but it’s more complicated than just cancelling the new fix altogether. Perhaps it’s a standard response - the equivalent of a dads army don’t panic - which has missed important detail in your query but keep that response safe - you might need it in the future!