Replacement solar panel and MCS certified installer?

Community Team
    Hey @bakershaker I'm Lee, I've worked in the FIT team for a few years (7😂). I've been asked by Beki to pop on here and help you with your question. There's written guidance about making changes to the system, however the best place to look is in your FIT Terms and Conditions point 12. I've copied and pasted this for you, to save you having to look. There's also information on this via Ofgem, located in the FIT Guidance.

'12.1 You must let Us know in writing if You make any modifications or changes to Your System (including any extensions, installation of any Storage Device, changes to meters, including if a smart meter has been installed and/or the installation of an Export Meter) as this may affect its eligibility and capacity calculations which, in turn, may affect Your Tariff Code, Generation Tariff and Export Tariff. Let Us know immediately after any modifications or changes have been made'

So yes you can make changes, however the changes must not exceed the current registered 2.75kw Total Installed Capacity (TIC). You have mentioned you're looking to decrease the TIC to 2.73kw, we'd just need to see written confirmation of this from the MCS accredited installer(yes must be MCS accredited).

In regards to the battery, if you go ahead with this we'd just ask you to complete a battery declaration and send us a schematic diagram of the set up. You'd just need to contact us about this and we'll get this sent to you. Super happy to get this sorted for you just pop me a private message when you're ready.

Let me know if you need anything else.

Thanks

Lee
    Level 5
    Thank you @Lee_EONNext

So sorry, I didn't even know you had replied but I was unwell for a while so I didn't get much further with this. I'm trying again to sort it now so I will drop you a private message in the hope you are still working for the FIT team 😊

Many Thanks
    Community Team
    @bakershaker Just seen this, we have been talking via DM but thought I would reply on here also, pop us a message on here and DM when you have spoken to @GraemeD_EONNext I have passed your details over and once we get the correct information, we can inform everyone. Ive tagged Graeme, i'm not sure how active he is on here, so reach out to me and I will message him internally if needed.

He will 100% be in touch with you though
    Did you know that we're open 24/7 across our Social Media Channels? There are lots of ways to contact us over
    here!
    📣
    Level 5
    @bakershaker Just seen this, we have been talking via DM but thought I would reply on here also, pop us a message on here and DM when you have spoken to @GraemeD_EONNext I have passed your details over and once we get the correct information, we can inform everyone. Ive tagged Graeme, i'm not sure how active he is on here, so reach out to me and I will message him internally if needed.

He will 100% be in touch with you though

Thank you Lee
    Community Team
    @bakershaker You sorted now? How was the call? I hope this has cleared things up for you?