Twitter people are useless.

@Bennie_EONNext

if you can force through the update why don’t you get on and do it rather than giving a non reply?

I can see why you thought i was giving a non reply. Although from my perspective I was just giving out the information that we are very busy on social media platforms and in a way I was apologising for the experience @silverfox55 received. I am aware that @silverfox55 received the help he needed as I reached out to him on a private message. Also it is always important to receive feedback to report on and give back to our teams. 😊
    Level 29
    I agree with you @Landmark although even before that I think standards are generally dropping, maybe I'm just becoming a grumpy old man.
    It is quite understandable to be grumpy about it, and I even forgot to mention climate change and the fact that UK homes are not very energy efficient generally.
    I think that with our feedback, grumpy or otherwise, more needs to be done both for energy companies, the government and customers as well; these problems are here to test us all!

Eon Next Customer

Level 91
    @Bennie_EONNext

I don't like having to be critical , but as a volunteer I do want to stand up for forum members in getting their issues resolved. So when I see things that don't actually take things forward I do wonder what the point of the post is. And if an Eon Next policy works to the obvious detriment of its customers I'll respond to that. But I don't often write flowery prose, so my posts typically are short and to the point, even brusque. Some might find me a bit offensive.

I think we need to fully understand the frustration of forum members who often feel they are given the run around when trying to get relatively simple matters resolved. If issues were resolved first time, every time customer services would actually have less workload and be able to offer a better service to customers.

So a moments thought of "am I actually helping to get this matter resolved" before pressing the submit button might pay dividends
    Current Eon Next and EDF customer, ex Zog and Symbio. Don't think dual fuel saves money and don't like smart meters. Chronologically Gifted. If I offend let me know by private message, but I’ll continue to express my opinions nonetheless.
    @meldrewreborn I do understand where you are coming from. Everyone interprets the comments and posts that are publicly shared on this forum in different ways, as we all think differently.

I did find your comment a little brusque I have to admit it. However, this is a place where the members can share their frustration. As a community coordinator, without specific details we cannot help as much as the customer service does and part of our role is also to ensure that specific details remain private too.

I know it can be frustrating that we keep directing back to customer service, but in this case, without specific details I couldn't help @silverfox55 to update the IHD.

Each query is personal to the person that publishes it and each of us takes a different approach. In this case, I have commented on information that I thought was important to share to highlight the current busyness of the business.

I did reach privately to @silverfox55 for support in this matter, as I was aware that in order to help, I needed to gain some private details. As a person I don't like to share what I do backstage, but where I can, I do help.

I do want to thank you though, for challenging the comment and making sure that the members were actually being supported. This is the right spirit we need in this community.
    Community Manager
    @Andy65 How are you? I hope that you're well. I totally understand where you're coming from in terms of a new business having everything in place before start up and in an ideal world that would be great but it ran a little bit differently with EON next and things are not done same way they were at EON energy, we are after all a new company which meant doing things differently in every way including our systems. I worked for EON Energy for 19 years and then came over to work for EON Next and I can see how everything is coming into place and is literately as Pete said being built from the ground up so it has been a working progress along side our customers who have played a great part in telling us what things they miss from EON Energy such as the bereavement process or the way the FiT details are displayed. I can see why you would think it's just an excuse but we're being as honest as we can with our customers and what it looks like behind the scenes.

@meldrewreborn I love this idea and I think it would make a much smoother process for our customers with IHD issues or at least have a place where they can report the issue and for it to get resolved as smoothly and as quickly as possible, as you probably have seen it can be a quick fix to get a tariff update, what's been done is we've concentrated on a bigger fix for them to automatically update as they should rather than implementing something for a short space of time.

Have a great day! 🙂
    'The greatness of a community is most accurately measured by the compassionate actions of its members’

Did you know that we're open 24/7 across our Social Media Channels? There are lots of ways to contact us over here!📣

Level 91
    @Anasa_EONNext

I can readily appreciate that Eon Next is a new (2+ year old) company. But it's owned by Eon, it was Eon's decision to set up Eon next and its was Eon's decision to transfer huge numbers of customers to the Eon next platform. Eon next is one of the largest suppliers in the UK. Its not a little start up.

So while there are excuses offered, they carry little weight with customers given the length of time Eon Next has existed and the resources available given its size.

And it shouldn't be necessary to work on bigger fixes - they should have been in place from day one. It seems to me that Eon next are in breach of their licence from OFGEM, by not ensuring that in home displays provide accurate and up to date data.

And that's from somebody who doesn't like smart meters!!
    I tried contacting them on Whatsapp - 4 days later they sent a message saying sorry for the delay and do I still want to chat!
    Level 91
    I tried contacting them on Whatsapp - 4 days later they sent a message saying sorry for the delay and do I still want to chat!
    Well, you did get a response, so not too bad.
    I'm an Eon Next dual fuel customer with no particular expertise but have some time on my hands that I am using to try and help out a bit.