How long does this take?

View Tag Cloud
    Level 1
    @Rob3

the same here, waiting for installation date after they highlighted that my roof won't support the weight! (guess work at their end). I had to pay an structural engineer to confirm that the roof is fine...
    Level 5
    Hiya @Rob3 👋 - I did indeed feed this back in November, I am so sorry that things are still at a standstill 🤔.

I fed this back again this afternoon and chased things up and hopefully this can help you address your installation wait.

Last year we saw an unprecedented demand, and the request for solar installations shot up by 300% 🤯 and we currently have 2,500 customers awaiting contact for an install date. So as you can imagine its pretty hard to stay on top of it; our FiT/SEG team are working through these accounts, and they are trying to get messages out as soon as they can. But you could also call us on: 0808 501 5218. Or email the pre install team on: solarsupport@eonenergy.com. There's currently a 2 week response time on the mailbox, but they will be happy to help.

I hope this helps 😊

Thank you for your response @Han_EONNext, appreciate the context and that there is a huge amount of demand.

I have contacted the team by phone and they have told me the SolarEdge equipment is now in stock but there are still issues with installer capacity.

It would make it a lot easier for all concerned if Eon was at least able to provide some kind of "you are [x] in the queue" type of update over email now & then? That way the customer could see some kind of progress and Eon wouldn't have to waste time on support calls asking for progress updates 🤷

I haven't cancelled my order yet, but at this stage am actively talking to other providers because they all have no issues with installer capacity; again if I had a clue of a timeline with Eon I'd be happy to stick with my current order.
    Community Team
    Thank you for your response @Han_EONNext, appreciate the context and that there is a huge amount of demand.

I have contacted the team by phone and they have told me the SolarEdge equipment is now in stock but there are still issues with installer capacity.

It would make it a lot easier for all concerned if Eon was at least able to provide some kind of "you are [x] in the queue" type of update over email now & then? That way the customer could see some kind of progress and Eon wouldn't have to waste time on support calls asking for progress updates 🤷

I haven't cancelled my order yet, but at this stage am actively talking to other providers because they all have no issues with installer capacity; again if I had a clue of a timeline with Eon I'd be happy to stick with my current order.

Hey @Rob3 😁.

I'm glad you got through to speak to someone! Sorry for my delay in getting back to you; I was waiting for a response to the feedback you've given.
    I think the idea of 'you are x in the queue' is brilliant & the person that I spoke to did too. We agreed that it is a fantastic idea and something we'd hopefully be able to offer you in the future but right now the business does not have this in the pipeline. We do however appreciate all feedback that is given whether that may be positive or negative and it has still been passed on 😊.

However the capacity situation is most certainly something at the front of the teams mind 🧠 and they are working on what to do in situations (like yourself) whereby you have been waiting months for installation. So hopefully the communications surrounding that may be changing soon 😀.
    🌍 Striving for a bigger, better and sustainable world!

There are lots of new ways to contact us! If you do need us please
    👉get in touch👈

Thinking about replacing your boiler? You can find out more about our boiler solutions 👉 HERE 👈
    Level 5
    @Han_EONNext thank you for your reply, sadly after 11 months waiting with no timeline in view, I've had enough and have sent my cancellation notice. Not a great experience and puts me off dealing with Eon again in future.
    Community Team
    Oh dear, I'm so so sorry that the installation has been taking so long @Rob3 and it has led to a loss of a customer 🤨. Thank you for all of your feedback we have put forward and I really hope that we can turn this around for you in the future 😊. No matter where your custom is, you're always a lovely member of our Community 😇 so please do stick around and get involved with anything that grips you.
    Level 5
    @Han_EONNext thank you for your response, unfortunately the whole experience has left a bitter taste as in the 11 months we waited/wasted, the price of solar installations have gone up significantly.

If Eon had problems with capacity they should have foreseen them and not taken on new orders when they didn't have capacity to deliver existing ones.

We have now gone with a local firm who have already given us an install date 🤷
    Community Team
    @Han_EONNext thank you for your response, unfortunately the whole experience has left a bitter taste as in the 11 months we waited/wasted, the price of solar installations have gone up significantly.

If Eon had problems with capacity they should have foreseen them and not taken on new orders when they didn't have capacity to deliver existing ones.

We have now gone with a local firm who have already given us an install date 🤷

Absolutely understandable @Rob3 ! But I am glad you have been sorted elsewhere 😊. Please let us know how you get on.
    Level 5
    @Han_EONNext Thank you for your response, I wish the rest of your support team could be as responsive - I still haven't even received a reply to my cancellation notice!

For the record our local firm has now completed the install in just under 4 weeks, and it is all up and running perfectly.
    Level 5
    @waiting4solar they've been great
    Last edited by Lee_EONNext; 01-11-23 at 17:08. Reason: Removed solutions company