How long does this take?

View Tag Cloud
    Level 5
    Same issue here - I signed up at the start of April, still waiting for an install date.

I was told wait times were roughly 20 weeks when I signed up. It took ages for the G99 to be submitted, it finally came back end of August.

I was then told at the start of September there would be an unspecified delay due to stock issues of the 'Optimise' package SolarEdge inverter.

After chasing for weeks I was told there wouldn't be any stock until the end of December, and even then they couldn't give any indication of install date, or even how far down the list of installs I'd be once stock returned.

Despite this there's no indication on the site when you try to sign up that there are any stock delays at all.

At this point, 33 weeks later I have no idea if or when the installation will happen, highly frustrating...
    Level 92
    @Rob3

Unfortunately, inverters today are microprocessor-controlled, very high tech bits of kit. Not only has demand rocketed, but manufacturers are being affected by the same 'chip shortages' that are affecting the rest of the automotive and electronics industries. I'm willing to bet they have huge stocks of partially built units, but are awaiting semiconductors to finish them off.

That doesn't help you, I know, but even some fairly basic stuff that I used to be able to order next day, off the shelf, from my component suppliers now has lead times anywhere between six weeks and a year. Not only that, but despite promises, those lead times often slip some too.
    Don't shoot me, I'm only the piano player. I DON'T work for or on behalf of EON.Next, but am willing to try and help if I can. Not on mains gas, mobile network or mains drainage. House heated almost entirely by baby dragons.
    Level 5
    @retrotecchie thanks for the reply, I definitely appreciate the wider context and that there are serious supply issues at the same time as massively spiking demand.

The main frustrating thing is the lack of communication and expectation-setting throughout the order process.

I was led to believe throughout that once the G99 was signed off, an installation date would follow pretty quickly, whereas actually I was only told there were stock issues a couple of weeks after the G99 was approved.

I had to chase a lot to get the delivery estimate of end of December, just a bit more pro-active communication would have helped here - even just a generic email update to customers awaiting installation every few weeks would be good.
    Level 92
    @Rob3

You're preaching to the choir here. Just the occasional progress report and apology would be nice, eh?
    Community Team
    Hiya @Rob3 😊

That is indeed incredibly frustrating for you! Nobody wants to be waiting around and feeling like you have been fobbed off - so for that I truly am sorry.
    Thank you @retrotecchie for your words, and thank you @Rob3 for bringing this to our attention and expressing your unhappiness! What I am going to do is take all of this to our FiT department and explain the problems here.

Hopefully this can be a trigger for some change and installation journeys can be made more smooth with frequent updates 😊

I'll keep you updated!

Hannah
    🌍 Striving for a bigger, better and sustainable world!

There are lots of new ways to contact us! If you do need us please
    👉get in touch👈

Thinking about replacing your boiler? You can find out more about our boiler solutions 👉 HERE 👈
    Community Team
    Afternoon guys!

Just a little update for you all... I have fed this back to someone in charge of our Solutions Team here at E.ON Next and he has thanked you all for the feedback and is happy to hear it, and has let the Solar Team know about the communication issues 🙌.

So hopefully in the future you will be kept more up to date and on their radar when it comes to solar installations.

Hannah
    Level 91
    @Rob3

You can console yourself with the knowledge that we're into the months with the least sunlight now so the delay is not losing you as much as it would do in the summer. Was there no installation date indicated in the contract? Could they be in breach of contract?
    Current Eon Next and EDF customer, ex Zog and Symbio. Don't think dual fuel saves money and don't like smart meters. Chronologically Gifted. If I offend let me know by private message, but I’ll continue to express my opinions nonetheless.
    Level 1
    the same here - waiting since May! - structural engineer yet to visit.
    question is, will we get the latest version of the battery pack and panels? givenergy gen 2 9.5kwh
    Level 5
    @waiting4solar crazy delays huh - I just spoke to a local installer who said they can install in 6 weeks from now. I did have someone come around in June I think to do a survey, but he didn't actually do anything much different to what I was asked to do myself (photos of the roof & loft space etc).

Given I've been waiting *36* weeks with Eon and still have no clue if or when this install will happen, at this point I'm likely to cancel and go with the local installer.
    Level 5
    Afternoon guys!

Just a little update for you all... I have fed this back to someone in charge of our Solutions Team here at E.ON Next and he has thanked you all for the feedback and is happy to hear it, and has let the Solar Team know about the communication issues 🙌.

So hopefully in the future you will be kept more up to date and on their radar when it comes to solar installations.

Hannah

Hi @Han_EONNext,

Over 2 months later now and still nothing has changed regarding communication, and I'm still waiting for an installation date - are the Solar Team planning on addressing these communication issues at all?