Smart Meters Not Functioning

Community Manager
    @meldrewreborn Thanks for the information; I have answered the questions about the Smets 1 meter and what we're doing to get this up and running again, however also addressing the statement about what he has been told by our agents about actually replacing his meter to a Smets 2 and why there is a long wait for this so yes two separate issues but an answer was required for both scenarios 🙂
    'The greatness of a community is most accurately measured by the compassionate actions of its members’

Did you know that we're open 24/7 across our Social Media Channels? There are lots of ways to contact us over here!📣

Level 91
    @Anasa_EONNext

Of course the 2025 target for all customers to be offered a so called smart meter has already been met for this customer. - they already have SMETS1 meters. The fact is that they've been rendered dumb by an enforced transfer of their account initiated and completed by Eon next, causing the meters to become temporarily ( but for a very long time) redundant, will not be lost on customers in a similar position.
    Current Eon Next customer, ex EDF, Zog and Symbio. Don't think dual fuel saves money and don't like smart meters. Chronologically Gifted. If I offend let me know by private message, but I’ll continue to express my opinions nonetheless.
    Level 5
    @meldrewreborn The thing I can't understand when we discuss SMETS1 meters - my electricity smart meter works fine submitting consumption to Eon and this was installed on the same day as my gas - it is a Landis&Gyr E470 as opposed to the gas being a G470 - I would think that if it was an issue with these generations of devices they would both be redundant?

Also when I look on my IHD it shows both Gas & Electricity consumption - so clearly there is a connection between the devices just not external to Eon on the Gas.

As you say, hopefully the issue is resolved this year. Time will tell.