Smart gas meter not working

View Tag Cloud
    I have an issue with my EDMI GS-60B smart meter. It was installed a couple of months ago by EON.NEXT and all worked fine initially. However, a couple of weeks ago it stopped sending readings to the IHD and now, when I press a button on the meter to get a manual reading, it just displays “STATUS A”.

All lights (except MESH) are flashing on we per 5 seconds on the electricity meter, which indicates all is working fine, so I suspect it’s an issue with the smart gas meter connecting to the communications hub on the electricity meter.

EON.NEXT initially scheduled an engineer to visit, but then cancelled the day before saying that they would try and fix the issue remotely.

Please can someone advise how I can get this issue fixed? I am also concerned about accurate meter readings… EON.NEXT are currently estimating my gas consummation, will I be able to get a proper reading once the connection is fixed?
    Attached Images Attached Images  
  • 13 Replies

Level 78
    Looks like there's definitely a problem here, but it's not one I've seen before. With the screen off though, try holding down the right button for 15 seconds - that sometimes works for this meter type.

Tell you what though, I can try to ask @PeterT_EONNext to pull a remote meter reading from that gas meter as a test. And with your permission, he can also submit it to the account for you as that days meter reading. Hope you're OK with that!

If the SMETS Command fails to go through, then yeah... It'd need further investigation.
    Just another guy passing by... The unknown tech way...
    Pete is an IHD Tariff Update Robot! 🤖 Anasa is a Giant Enemy Robot Spider 🕷 🤖 Hannah is neither! Need Customer service? click here! Replacement IHD Guide? Here it is!
    Community Team
    Hi @Simon79

I'm sorry to see that you're having trouble with your gas meter 😔

I'm afraid I won't be able to locate your account, as we can only do this if the email address you've signed up with to the Community is also used for an online account with E.ON Next.

I can still advise you on this though from here 😊

This isn't an issue I've seen before, so you will need to get in touch with customer services to get an appointment booked in for a faulty meter (all the ways you can get in touch will be in my signature below)

It's safe to say that if the gas meter is no longer sending readings, and if you're unable to view anything on the gas meter screen other than this message, we can treat this as a blank display appointment and get you booked in, just be sure to mention this when you do get in touch so that the correct appointment is booked for you.

As you have Smart Meters, it's likely that both of your meters will be removed and you'll have two new Smart Meters installed so that they can be connected up correctly on the day of the appointment.

Let me know how you get on.

Pete 😊
    Cool 😎 Calm 😌 Collected 🙌 - Here to help, or just for a chat if you like!

Do you agree with a comment? Give the member a 👍
    Got the right answer to a query? Click 'Best Answer' ✅
    Can't find any help using the Search function or by scrolling through our Community? 🤔 Ask a question by starting a new thread in a sub-forum here!
    Find all the ways to get in touch with E.ON Next here
    Thank you very much @theunknowntech - I really appreciate your help. Pressing for 15 seconds didn't work, so I'll get in touch with customer services to get it resolved.
    Thanks @PeterT_EONNext. Assuming the worst, and the meter has completed failed but has still allowed us to consume gas, do you know how our consumption will be calculated for the period that the meter has stopped working?
    @PeterT_EONNext I have updated my community email address to match the one on my account - are you able to help out as suggested above please?
    Community Team
    Thanks for that @Simon79

We can't communicate with your meter at the moment, when requesting a reading from the gas meter, nothing was returned.

I can see you have an appointment booked for Monday and anything that can be resolved will be then, the Smart Metering Team have also raised a ticket with the Data Communications Company in relation to the connection (as we're having trouble with connecting to your electricity meter too at the moment) We should know more in a couple of weeks time.

Pete 😊
    Level 1
    Hi, did you get it fixed? I’m having the same status showing on mine! Looking online to try and fix it?
    Level 1
    I moved to EONNext in August 2019 smart meters never worked. I complained to the onbudsman an they agreed a solution. An engineer called removed faulty gas meter put in a non smart meter. Big screw up. I contacted EONNext again who sent another engineer and replaced all the kit for brand new kit. That was in May 2022. EONNext blame DCC the company responsible fit the WAN wide area network to deliver the communications to the providers. Suddenly this week after weekly emails to EONNext and DCC MY Electric meter started working still no gas working. After contacting by email EONNext he sent back connecting my meter to HAN which the gas meter says cannot find HAN. As far as I know the wireless HAN receiver for IHD and meters is on the Electric meter. So still no further forward. Providers have until 2025 to get the meters working so they don’t care. I have raised a formal complaint with EONNext and heard nothing.it’s a joke.
    Level 78
    Sigh... This could have all been solved if a Dual Band Comms Hub had been fitted...