Trilliant Problem

Community Team
    Hi @anna85 😊

Hannah here 👋

I'm wondering if you've been able to get in touch with us and get this sorted out? @retrotecchie is indeed correct - it could be one of the two.
    🌍 Striving for a bigger, better and sustainable world!

There are lots of new ways to contact us! If you do need us please
    👉get in touch👈

Thinking about replacing your boiler? You can find out more about our boiler solutions 👉 HERE 👈
    Level 78
    Hi,

I was looking for help with my Smat Meters, when I came accross this post.
    I have exactly the same metere as @GardenerMart, but their were originally installed by British Gas.
    Trilliant hub the power light is constant green, HAN light flashes red and there's nothing on the WAN.

The Smart meter was working fine till couple year ago and I have been trying since then to get them repaired or replaced, no form of comunication brouth a positive resoult, just been ignored.

I tried to look for Trilliant user manuals for that Comms Hub and couldn't find one which will explain what the lights on them actually mean.

I do not know what else I could or should be doing to try and resolve.
    Any advise?

Many Thanks in advance
    Anna

Unfortunately, both myself and Blastoise186 have tried many times over the years to locate such a user manual. Alas, no copy exists anywhere that's publicly accessible. We have also struggled to find anything that tells us what the LEDs mean. Blastoise has one more trick up his sleeve which he said he can try, but it can't guarantee results.
    Just another guy passing by... The unknown tech way...
    Pete is an IHD Tariff Update Robot! 🤖 Anasa is a Giant Enemy Robot Spider 🕷 🤖 Hannah is neither! Need Customer service? click here! Replacement IHD Guide? Here it is!
    Level 91
    Just as an aside, I read today that the communications hubs attached to the electricity meter are owned by the DCC and not the electricity supplier.

How long this has been the cases I'm not sure as when smart meters were first installed there was no DCC, so DCC couldn't have owned them then. whether at some stage ownership was transferred to the DCC is of course possible - as is the possibility that these old communication hubs have been written off and nobody wants to claim them.
    Current Eon Next and EDF customer, ex Zog and Symbio. Don't think dual fuel saves money and don't like smart meters. Chronologically Gifted. If I offend let me know by private message, but I’ll continue to express my opinions nonetheless.
    Level 92
    @meldrewreborn

With SMETS1, the communication was directly to each supplier. Each comms hub effectively had a 'SIM card' (physical or virtual) that connected the hub directly to the supplier. If you changed supplier, the new supplier could not access the meter.

SMETS2 got rid of that and the DCC was created to handle all smart meter communications, regardless of supplier.

Rather like either getting a mobile phone locked to a particular carrier and SIM (SMETS1), or getting an 'unlocked phone' and being able to use any PAYG or contract SIM you like, or changing provider whenever you wish (SMETS2).

Now the hub is simply communicating with the DCC rather than having the capability to talk to individual suppliers, it makes sense that the hub is part of the DCC network, rather than part of an individual suppliers metering equipment.

But it does rather muddy the waters as to who is ultimately responsible for correct operation. Ownership of the physical device is one thing. Owning any problems is another can of worms entirely. As we regularly see on here.
    Don't shoot me, I'm only the piano player. I DON'T work for or on behalf of EON.Next, but am willing to try and help if I can. Not on mains gas, mobile network or mains drainage. House heated almost entirely by baby dragons.
    Level 1
    Ok, so I've found a solution to the problem I posted a while back. I've left E.on and gone to another supplier, so good riddance E.on! After being sent yet another letter stating that my monthly dd was to increase by £89, even though I'm over £1000 in credit (and would have been £1200 in credit had I not phoned them to reduce it by £100pm 2 months ago), I've had enough! I would have been over £1500 in credit in 12 months time if I'd accepted their 'revised' dd figure. So, not only would they not supply a SMETS2 meter in a timely manner (been asking for one for 2 years), but their algorithms are shot to pieces too!
    Level 91
    @Rotary

If you feel that way that's a good solution, I fully support people who walk away if they feel that they're not treated properly.

To increase a DD by £89 when you're already £1000 in credit means you must have a very significant energy usage. I've always been able to convince my energy suppliers (over many years) of how much a reasonable DD should be. But i recognise that too often suppliers hold onto too much of their customers money through monthly direct debit payments, much more than a reasonable level will have required. At least now you'll get your excess credit returned.