Trilliant Problem

Level 0
    Hi @PeterT_EONNext

I came across this thread while trying to figure out what's wrong with my smart meter and IHD. I'm currently with Sainsbury energy (white label reseller of Eon Next) and am billed by Eon Next.

My smart meter(s) were originally installed by British Gas and look exactly like the those in the pictures posted by @GardenerMart

I have the flashing HAN light problem and no Gas display on the IHD. I also have to submit meter readings online to Sainsburys energy as they can't read the meter remotely and, if I'm honest, I'm a bit worried that the electricity meter might have an accuracy issue as my annual energy consumption appears to be almost three times what's typical for my type of house.

Is there any chance I could also get my meters upgraded as, I assume, it could resolve the service issue and confirm or refute if there's an accuracy issue at the same time.

Thanks,

Con
    Level 1
    Hi
    I also have the same meter as @GardenerMart. @PeterT_EONNext, would it be OK if I also took the same route to see if I can't, too, get the meter upgraded. I've been without the service ever since we switched over from NPower and that's been a few years now.
    Level 1
    I’ve been searching for an answer to my dilemma and found this thread on the forums titled ‘Trilliant Problem’ from Martin who seemed to have the same problem that I’m experiencing.

I have a SMETS1 smart meter installed by British Gas years ago, after leaving them my IHD didn’t work with my new energy supplier but did activate when energy was being used with just the electric bar/gas flame illuminating.

Earlier this year my IHD kept beeping and disconnecting from the smart meter. I’ve reset it many times and it would reconnect but continued dropping out, the IHD will now not connect and it’s been like this for months.

I have contacted customer services reporting my issues only to be told I have to wait for the software to my SMETS1 meter to be updated. So I’ve been checking my meters regularly against the smartdcc.co.uk check meter link which didn’t recognise my electric/gas meters.

I regret ever agreeing to a smart meter, it’s only ever been smart for 1 year and for numerous years after leaving British Gas I’ve had to do monthly meter readings, so my smart meter isn’t smart!

I have a Trilliant Hub, the PWR light is permanently lit green, the HAN light flashes green on and off maybe each second and the WAN light flashes red.

Electric meter Landis + Gyr E470
    Gas meter Landis + Gyr G470 671

Could anyone advise, do I have to continue waiting hoping my Smart meter will suddenly start working, if not could you advise me how I go about getting my meter replaced with a SMETS2 meter?

Kind regards

Paul
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Level 78
    Nothing can be done yet I'm afraid. It sounds like your meters aren't quite ready to migrate yet. An attempt to do so must be made (and all such attempts must fail) before you can be offered to replace them with S2.
    Just another guy passing by... The unknown tech way...
    Pete is an IHD Tariff Update Robot! 🤖 Anasa is a Giant Enemy Robot Spider 🕷 🤖 Hannah is neither! Need Customer service? click here! Replacement IHD Guide? Here it is!
    Level 92
    Just to add to what @theunknowntech has said, the attempted migration of 'orphaned' SMETS1 meters onto the active smart network is a function of the communications provider, DCC, and not something the energy suppliers have much control over. Migration of meters where it is possible to to do so should, in theory, be completed by the end of this year. I personally doubt this will be the case, so it may take a bit longer.

You can try to email hi@eonnext.com with your account and meter details and request they prod DCC, but that's about all you can do for now.
    Don't shoot me, I'm only the piano player. I DON'T work for or on behalf of EON.Next, but am willing to try and help if I can. Not on mains gas, mobile network or mains drainage. House heated almost entirely by baby dragons.
    Level 1
    Thank you @theunknowntech and @retrotecchie for your advice, I’ll try holding out a bit longer and hope something happens.
    Level 1
    Good morning. I have very similar problems as @GardenerMart and @hipporays any similar displays on my Trilliant Comms Hub. @PeterT_EONNext, I have contacted 'support' by phone on a number of occasions over the last 6 months and been told that I cannot be upgraded to SMETS 2! The original L + G E/G 470 meters and Trilliant were installed when I was with British Gas in 2017. According to phone Support, my Electricity readings are being received regularly (and billed accordingly), but (for example) my gas readings have appeared on just 10 separate days in the last 3 months. Support insist that it is sufficient for billing purposes, although the E.on next figures differ from the actual ones each month and I have to send figures to get the bills adjusted. And it may be 'sufficient' for E.on Next, but it doesn't help me keep track of my usage and its hardly good customer service really..
    Can I follow the same route as other contributors as it seems telephone support are not interested.
    Level 77
    Good morning. I have very similar problems as @GardenerMart and @hipporays any similar displays on my Trilliant Comms Hub. @PeterT_EONNext, I have contacted 'support' by phone on a number of occasions over the last 6 months and been told that I cannot be upgraded to SMETS 2! The original L + G E/G 470 meters and Trilliant were installed when I was with British Gas in 2017. According to phone Support, my Electricity readings are being received regularly (and billed accordingly), but (for example) my gas readings have appeared on just 10 separate days in the last 3 months. Support insist that it is sufficient for billing purposes, although the E.on next figures differ from the actual ones each month and I have to send figures to get the bills adjusted. And it may be 'sufficient' for E.on Next, but it doesn't help me keep track of my usage and its hardly good customer service really..
    Can I follow the same route as other contributors as it seems telephone support are not interested.
    Afternoon and welcome. I am afraid you are in exactly the same predicament as myself. While you can do manual reads and submit them via the app or online account the meters won't be changed. I take regular readings and enter them on my own spreadsheet to keep track of usage. I fully sympathise with you.

From a Telegraph news article:
    Households with a “dumb” smart meter can ask their supplier to replace it with a modern one. However, a loophole means providers are not obligated to do so, as the rule set by Ofgem only requires that all smart meters be operational by 2025.
    Last edited by WizzyWigg; 15-10-23 at 13:07. Reason: Extra information
    Level 1
    Hi,

I was looking for help with my Smat Meters, when I came accross this post.
    I have exactly the same metere as @GardenerMart, but their were originally installed by British Gas.
    Trilliant hub the power light is constant green, HAN light flashes red and there's nothing on the WAN.

The Smart meter was working fine till couple year ago and I have been trying since then to get them repaired or replaced, no form of comunication brouth a positive resoult, just been ignored.

I tried to look for Trilliant user manuals for that Comms Hub and couldn't find one which will explain what the lights on them actually mean.

I do not know what else I could or should be doing to try and resolve.
    Any advise?

Many Thanks in advance
    Anna